Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Diabetes and Retinopathy brings together the multifaceted information about the research and clinical application from academic, clinical, bioengineering and bioinformatics perspectives. The editors bring together a stellar cast of authors to pull together this diverse and interesting field. Academic researchers, bioengineers, new investigators and students interested in diabetes and retinopathy need an authoritative reference to bring this multidisciplinary field together to reduce the amount of time spent on source-searching and more time on actual research and the clinical application. This reference depicts the current clinical understanding of DR as well as the many scientific advances in understanding this condition.
- Provides valuable information for academic clinicians, researchers, bioengineers and industry on diabetes and retinopathy
- Discusses the impact of diabetic retinopathy, a major cause of new-onset visual loss in all the industrialized nations
- Covers statistical classification techniques and risk stratification
Diabetes researchers, endocrinology, cardiovascular, and ophthalmology researchers; bioengineers, and bioinformatics and imaging scientists interested in diabetes
- Vascular macular capillary plexus in patient with Type 1 diabetes with no retinopathy are correlated with OCT volume changes
2. Ultrahigh Speed OCT Angiography of Retinal and Choriocapillaris Alterations in Diabetic
Patients with and without Retinopathy Using Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography
3. Evaluation of subfoveal choroidal thickness in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: an EDI- OCT study
4. Determinants of Quantitative Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography Metrics in Patients with Diabetes
5. Author Response: Quantitative Retinal Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography in Patients with Diabetes without Diabetic Retinopathy Letters
6. Intraoperative OCT-assisted Surgery for Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy in the DISCOVER Study
7. Screening of diabetic retinopathy and maculopathy in Lebanese population using retinography and SD-OCT: The role of telemedicine
8. Structural Changes by Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
9. Study of Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Thickness in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus Using Fourier Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
10. Assessment of the tear meniscus using optical coherence tomography in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
11. Assessment of characteristics of neointimal hyperplasia after drug-eluting stent implantation in patients with diabetes mellitus: an optical coherence tomography analysis
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 13th May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. El-Baz is a Professor, University Scholar, and Chair of the Bioengineering Department at the University of Louisville, KY. Dr. El-Baz earned his bachelor's and master degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1997 and 2001, respectively. He earned his doctoral degree in electrical engineering from the University of Louisville in 2006. In 2009, Dr. El-Baz was named a Coulter Fellow for his contributions to the field of biomedical translational research. Dr. El-Baz has 15 years of hands-on experience in the fields of bio-imaging modeling and non-invasive computerassisted diagnosis systems. He has authored or coauthored more than 450 technical articles (105 journals, 15 books, 50 book chapters, 175 refereed-conference papers, 100 abstracts, and 15 US patents).
Professor, University Scholar, and Chair of the Bioengineering Department, University of Louisville, USA
Dr. Jasrit Suri, PhD, MBA, Fellow AIMBE is an innovator, visionary, scientist, and an internationally known world leader. Dr. Suri received the Director General’s Gold medal in 1980 and the Fellow of American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, awarded by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC in 2004. He has published over 650 peer reviewed articles and has over 100 innovations/trademarks. He has author/coauthored over 45 books. He is currently Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc., Roseville, CA, and is on the board of AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, a company dedicated to Atherosclerosis Imaging for early screening for stroke and cardiovascular monitoring. He has held positions as a chairman of IEEE Denver section and advisor board member to healthcare industries and several universities in USA and abroad.
Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc.; Board Member, AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.