Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- The Delivery System Movement Meyer R. Rosen (Interactive Consulting, Inc.)
- Book-at-a-Glance Meyer R. Rosen (Interactive Consulting, Inc.) 2 Skin Fundamentals
- Skin: Physiology and Penetration Pathways Bozena B. Michniak, Ph.D., Victor Meidan, Ph.D., Mohammad Al-Khalili, Ph.D. (UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School) Philip W. Wertz, Ph.D. (University of Iowa)
- Delivery System Design in Topically Applied Formulations: An Overview Nava Dayan, Ph.D. (Lipo Chemicals, Inc.)
- From Ancient Potions to Modern Lotions: A Technology Overview and Introduction to Nano-Vehicles in Topical Delivery Systems Elishalom Yechiel, Ph.D. (Elsom Research Co., Inc.) Rosemarie Coste Yechiel (Scribionics) 3 Crossing the Barrier
- Crossing the Lipid Barrier with the Echo-DermÖ Delivery System (A Skin Mimicking, Lamellar Matrix System) David Pollock (Clinical Results, Inc.)
- THP: An All Natural Delivery System Adjuvant Muhammed Majeed, Ph.D., Lakshmi Prakash, Ph.D. (Sabinsa Corporation) 4 Encapsulation
- Microencapsulation: An Overview of the Landscape Zev Lidert (Paragon Chemicals, Inc.)
- Microcapsules as a Delivery System Scott Hawkins, Geraldine Guyard, Stephen Greenberg, Nava Dayan, Mike Wolf (Lipo Technologies, Inc.)
- TagravitÖ Microcapsules as Controlled Drug Delivery Devices and their Formulations Emma Kvitnitsky, Natalia Lerner, Ph.D., Yury E. Shapiro, D.Sc. (Tagra Biotechnologies, Ltd.)
- Polymeric Encapsulation. Phase Change Materials: A Novel Microencapsulation Technique for Personal Care
Todd Elder, Ph.D., Andrew Bell, Dip. BA (Ciba Specialty Chemicals)
- Dual Action Microcapsules with Next Generation, Complex Polysaccharide-Based Designer Membranes Maurizio V. Cattaneo (IVREA Pharmaceuticals) 5 Liposomes
- Liposomes in Personal Care Products Vitthal S. Kulkarni, Ph.D. (DPT Laboratories, Ltd.)
- Interactive Vehicles in Synergistic Cosmeceuticals: Advances in Nano-Encapsulation, Translocation, Transfer and Targeting Elishalom Yechiel, Ph.D. (Elsom Research Co., Inc.) 6 Particles
- Porous Entrapment Spheres as Delivery Vehicles Anthony Alsadi (Presperse, Inc.)
- Polymeric Porous Delivery Systems: PolytrapÖ and MicrospongeÖ Subhash J. Saxena (Cardinal Health - Topical Technologies) Sergio Nacht (Riley-Nacht, LLC)
- Chronospheres: Controlled Topical Actives Release Technology James V. Gruber, Louis Punto, Peter Dow (Arch Personal Care)
- Nanotopes: A Novel, Ultra-Small Unilamellar Carrier System for Cosmetic Actives Werner Baschong, Ph.D., Bernd Herzog, Christine Mendok, Sebastien Mongiat, Joe Lupia, Ph.D. (Ciba Specialty Chemicals) Carl W. Artmann, Pharm. D. (PhaCos Institute for Cosmetical & Clinical Testing)
- Practical Application of Fractal Geometry For Generation of Ultra High Surface Area Personal Delivery Systems Michel S. Lefebvre, Ph.D. (Steripak Pty, Ltd.) 7 Emulsions
- Optimizing Skin Delivery of Active Ingredients From Emulsions: From Theory to Practice Johann W. Wiechers, Ph.D. (Uniqema)
- The Delivery System's Delivery System James M. Wilmott (Chanel, Inc.) Duncan T. Aust, Ph.D. (DPT Laboratories, Ltd.) Barbara Brockway, Ph.D. (Huntsman, LLC) Vitthal S. Kulkarni, Ph.D. (DPT Laboratories, Ltd.)
- Preparation of Stable Double Emulsions as Delivery Vehicles for Consumer Care Products Mouhcine Kanouni, Ph.D. (Ciba Specialty Chemicals) Henri L. Rosano, Ph.D. (City College of New York) 8 Foams
- Coascervate Foam Delivery Systems Manuel Gamez-Garcia, Ph.D. (Amerchol/Dow)
- ôSoft Cell Approach to Personal Careö: Hydrophilic, Active-Filled Polyurethane Delivery Systems James A. Smith, Betty Jagoda Murphy (ReGenesis, LLC) 9 Structured Systems
- Sugar-Based, Structured Surfactant Systems Raeda M. Smadi, John Hawkins (Huntsman Performance Products)
- Bigels - A Novel Alternative to Emulsion Delivery Systems Paula Lennon, Ph.D. (Gattefosse SA)
- Shear Thinning Lamellar Gel Network Emulsions as Delivery Systems Irma Ryklin, Ph.D., Blaine Beyers, Ph.D. (Stepan Company)
- Pro-Lipid Skin-Mimetic Lamellar Gel Carrier and Delivery Systems Mark E. Rerek, Ph.D. (International Specialty Products)
- Intelligent Polymers and Self- Organizing Liposome Gel Delivery Systems Wolfgang Meier, Ph.D. (University of Basel) Joerg Schreiber (Beiersdorf AG)
- Cubasomes and Self- Assembled, Bicontinuous, Cubic Liquid Crystalline Phases as Personal Care Delivery Systems Patrick D. Spicer, Ph.D., Matthew L. Lynch, Ph.D. (The Procter & Gamble Company) Steven B. Hoath, MD, Marty O. Visscher, Ph.D. (Childrens Medical Hospital, Univ. of Cincinnati)
- Non- Aqueous Delivery Systems With Controlled Rheological Behavior Lin Lu Healy (Penreco) 10 Silicones
- Cationic Silicone Complexes as Delivery Systems Anthony J. O'Lenick, Jr. (Silitech, LLC) Charles W. Buffa (Biosil Technologies, Inc.)
- ""Pro-Fragrant"" Silicone Delivery Polymers Robert J. Perry (GE Global Research Center)
- Silicone Technology as Delivery Systems for Personal Care Ingredients Stephanie Postiaux, Catherine Stoller, Ph.D., Anne-Marie Vincent Joanna Newton, Ph.D. (Dow Corning Corporation)
- Linear Silicone Fluid Delivery Systems With Controlled Volatility Features Dr. Arndt Schlosser, Dr. Claudius Schwarzwaelder, Hubert Yeboah, Julie Boucher (Wacker Chemical Corporation) 11 Starch-Based Systems
- Starch Based Delivery Systems Susan O. Freers (Grain Processing Corporation)
- Thixogel: Novel Topical Delivery Systems for Hydrophobic Plant Actives John J. Wille, Ph.D. (Bioderm Technologies, Inc.) 12 Activated Delivery Systems
- Smart Vectorization: Enzymatically-Activated Encapsulation Technologies Janice Hart, Eric Perrier (Coletica, Inc.)
- ôThinking Outside the Jars & Bottles"": Simultaneous Delivery Systems for Unit Dose, Topical Delivery of Complimentary and/or Incompatible Actives James A. Smith, Betty Jagoda Murphy (ReGenesis, LLC) 13 Substrate Based Systems
- Water-Soluble Adhesive Patch Delivery Systems for Personal Care Steve Kantner, Ph.D. (3M Company)
- ôDry & Deliver!ö: Substrate Based, Water-Activated, Anhydrous Delivery Systems James A. Smith, Betty Jagoda Murphy (ReGenesis, LLC) 14 Specific Ingredient Delivery
- RetistarÖ for Cosmetic Formulations: Stabilized Retinol Axel Jentzsch (BASF Aktiengesellschaft) Patricia Aikins (BASF Corporation)
- Controlled Delivery and Enhancement of Topical Activity of Salicylic Acid Paul Thau (PeCar Tech)
- Controlled Delivery of Hydroxy Acids Barbara Green, R.Ph., M.S., David J. Milora (Neostrata Company, Inc.) 15 Efficacy & Safety
- New & Emerging Testing Technology for Efficacy & Safety Evaluation of Personal Care Delivery Systems David Tonucci, Ph.D. (Interactive Consulting, Inc.) 16 Marketing by Design & Advertising Analysis
- GraphiSenses: A New Methodology for Identifying Personal Care Opportunities Myriam Delvaux (Dow Corning Corporation)
Novel delivery systems designed to facilitate the use of ôfountain of youthö and other functional actives is an idea whose time has come. In a rapidly growing global market eager for products that really work, accelerating market pull forces and technology push have set the stage for this foundation text. This ômust haveö book has been carefully designed for training, development and synergistic technology transfer across the personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. It is not only intended for scientists and technologists but will also be of high interest to market development and business personnel. This book will cause a breakthrough in effective interaction among technology and marketing. It is a showcase for understanding, using and marketing the technology of why and how delivery systems work as well as current, emerging/potential applications and working formulations.
Each chapter is written by one or more experts in the field. A wide range of companies serving the global marketplace are represented. These companies offer numerous types of delivery systems containing highly desirable functional actives, delivery system technology development services, and opportunities for technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions.
A unique feature of the book is the use of Mind MapÖ technology to capture and present the essence of the thinking of over 80 authors in a ôBook-at-a-Glanceö Executive Overview section. This section has been specifically designed to empower decision making leading to the development of innovative product differentiation in a global context.
Scientists and technologists, and just as importantly, marketing and business people within the cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2005
- 23rd September 2005
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
This is one of the most ambitious projects in the publishing area...warmly recommended.... - Stig E. Friberg, Editor, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology
Interative Consulting, Inc., NY, USA
Interative Consulting, Inc., NY, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.