Novel delivery systems designed to facilitate the use of ôfountain of youthö and other functional actives is an idea whose time has come. In a rapidly growing global market eager for products that really work, accelerating market pull forces and technology push have set the stage for this foundation text. This ômust haveö book has been carefully designed for training, development and synergistic technology transfer across the personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. It is not only intended for scientists and technologists but will also be of high interest to market development and business personnel. This book will cause a breakthrough in effective interaction among technology and marketing. It is a showcase for understanding, using and marketing the technology of why and how delivery systems work as well as current, emerging/potential applications and working formulations.
Each chapter is written by one or more experts in the field. A wide range of companies serving the global marketplace are represented. These companies offer numerous types of delivery systems containing highly desirable functional actives, delivery system technology development services, and opportunities for technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions.
A unique feature of the book is the use of Mind MapÖ technology to capture and present the essence of the thinking of over 80 authors in a ôBook-at-a-Glanceö Executive Overview section. This section has been specifically designed to empower decision making leading to the development of innovative product differentiation in a global context.
Scientists and technologists, and just as importantly, marketing and business people within the cosmetics, personal care, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- The Delivery System Movement Meyer R. Rosen (Interactive Consulting, Inc.)
- Book-at-a-Glance Meyer R. Rosen (Interactive Consulting, Inc.) 2 Skin Fundamentals
- Skin: Physiology and Penetration Pathways Bozena B. Michniak, Ph.D., Victor Meidan, Ph.D., Mohammad Al-Khalili, Ph.D. (UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School) Philip W. Wertz, Ph.D. (University of Iowa)
- Delivery System Design in Topically Applied Formulations: An Overview Nava Dayan, Ph.D. (Lipo Chemicals, Inc.)
- From Ancient Potions to Modern Lotions: A Technology Overview and Introduction to Nano-Vehicles in Topical Delivery Systems Elishalom Yechiel, Ph.D. (Elsom Research Co., Inc.) Rosemarie Coste Yechiel (Scribionics) 3 Crossing the Barrier
- Crossing the Lipid Barrier with the Echo-DermÖ Delivery System (A Skin Mimicking, Lamellar Matrix System) David Pollock (Clinical Results, Inc.)
- THP: An All Natural Delivery System Adjuvant Muhammed Majeed, Ph.D., Lakshmi Prakash, Ph.D. (Sabinsa Corporation) 4 Encapsulation
- Microencapsulation: An Overview of the Landscape Zev Lidert (Paragon Chemicals, Inc.)
- Microcapsules as a Delivery System Scott Hawkins, Geraldine Guyard, Stephen Greenberg, Nava Dayan, Mike Wolf (Lipo Technologies, Inc.)
- TagravitÖ Microcapsules as Controlled Drug Delivery Devices and their Formulations Emma Kvitnitsky, Natalia Lerner, Ph.D., Yury E. Shapiro, D.Sc. (Tagra Biotechnologies, Ltd.)
- Polymeric Encapsulation. Pha
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2005
- 23rd September 2005
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
This is one of the most ambitious projects in the publishing area...warmly recommended.... - Stig E. Friberg, Editor, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology