Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Deep Learning Techniques for Biomedical and Health Informatics provides readers with the state-of-the-art in deep learning-based methods for biomedical and health informatics. The book covers not only the best-performing methods, it also presents implementation methods. The book includes all the prerequisite methodologies in each chapter so that new researchers and practitioners will find it very useful. Chapters go from basic methodology to advanced methods, including detailed descriptions of proposed approaches and comprehensive critical discussions on experimental results and how they are applied to Biomedical Engineering, Electronic Health Records, and medical image processing.
- Examines a wide range of Deep Learning applications for Biomedical Engineering and Health Informatics, including Deep Learning for drug discovery, clinical decision support systems, disease diagnosis, prediction and monitoring
- Discusses Deep Learning applied to Electronic Health Records (EHR), including health data structures and management, deep patient similarity learning, natural language processing, and how to improve clinical decision-making
- Provides detailed coverage of Deep Learning for medical image processing, including optimizing medical big data, brain image analysis, brain tumor segmentation in MRI imaging, and the future of biomedical image analysis
Biomedical engineers and researchers in data analytics, Big Data, health care management and intelligent systems
Part I: Deep Learning for Biomedical Engineering and Health Informatics
1. Introduction to Deep Learning and Health Informatics
2. A survey on deep learning algorithms for biomedical engineering
3. Machine learning and deep learning for Biomedical and Health Informatics
4. Deep learning for bioinformatics and drug discovery
5. Deep learning for Clinical Decision Support Systems
6. Deep learning for efficient Patients disease diagnosis and monitoring systems
7. Deep learning based methods for the Prediction of disease
8. Deep learning / Convolutional Neural Networks for Lung Pattern Analysis
9. Recommender systems for Biomedical and Health informatics
Part II: Deep Learning and Electronics Health Records
10. Deep Learning with Electronic Health Records (EHR)
11. Health Data Structures and Management
12. Deep Patient Similarity Learning with EHR
13. Natural Language Processing, Electronic Health Records, and Clinical Research
14. Healthcare Informatics to analyze patient health records to enable better clinical decision making and improved healthcare outcomes
Part III: Deep Learning for Medical Image Processing
15. Machine Learning in Bio-medical Signal and Medical image processing
16. Deep Learning for Medical Image Recognition
17. Unsupervised Deep Feature Representations Learning for Bio-medical Image analysis
18. Deep learning for optimizing medical big data
19. Deep learning for Brain Image Analysis
20. Deep Learning for Automated Brain Tumor Segmentation in MRI Images
21. Deep Learning and the Future of Biomedical Image Analysis
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 14th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Basant Agarwal working as an Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Kota. Worked as Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Computer Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. (NTNU), Norway under European Research Consortium for Informatics and. Mathematics (ERCIM) Fellowship program. Awarded Ph.D. on topic “Prominent Features Extraction for Sentiment Analysis” from Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Worked as a Research Assistant at Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. Worked as an Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Central University of Rajasthan. Worked as an Assistant Professor, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab. Worked as Teaching Assistant at MNIT during Ph.D. against scholarship from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Teaching Assistantship in MNIT during MTech.
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Kota, USA
Valentina E. Balas is Professor in the Department of Automatics and Applied Software at the Faculty of Engineering, “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, Romania. She holds a Ph.D. Cum Laude, in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is author of more than 350 research papers. Her research interests are in Intelligent Systems, Fuzzy Control, Soft Computing, Smart Sensors, Information Fusion, Modeling and Simulation. She is the Editor-in Chief to IJAIP and IJCSysE journals in Inderscience, member in Editorial Board of several national and international journals and evaluator expert for national, international projects and PhD Thesis. Dr. Balas is the director of Intelligent Systems Research Centre and Director of the Department of International Relations, Programs and Projects in Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad. She is recipient of the "Tudor Tanasescu" Prize from the Romanian Academy for contributions in the field of soft computing methods (2019).
Full Professor, Department of Automatics and Applied Software, Faculty of Engineering, "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad, Arad, Romania
Lakhmi C. Jain, BE(Hons), ME, PhD, Fellow (IE Australia) is with the Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Mathematics at the University of Canberra, Australia and the University of Technology Sydney, Australia. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia. Professor Jain founded the KES International for providing a professional community the opportunities for publications, knowledge exchange, cooperation and teaming. Involving around 5,000 researchers drawn from universities and companies world-wide, KES facilitates international cooperation and generate synergy in teaching and research. KES regularly provides networking opportunities for professional community through one of the largest conferences of its kind in the area of KES. www.kesinternational.org His interests focus on the artificial intelligence paradigms and their applications in complex systems, security, e-education, e-healthcare, unmanned air vehicles and intelligent agents.
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology and Mathematics at the University of Canberra, Australia and the University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Working at Amity University, Jaipur, Rajasthan as Associate Professor in Amity Institute of Information Technology. Worked with Jaipur National University, Jaipur, Rajasthan as Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Worked with Stani Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Phagi (Jaipur) as a Lecturer in the department of IT. Worked with Sri Balaji College of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur as a Lecturer in the department of IT. Worked with Mahrishi Computer & Management College, Sadulpur, Churu as a Lecturer in the Computer department.
Associate Professor, Amity Institute of Information Technology, Amity University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
Currently teaching at CCT, University of Rajasthan. Worked as Associate Professor(Computer Science) in Department of Computer Science, Apaji Institute, Banasthali University. Worked as Sr. Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor(CS) in Department of Computer Science, Apaji Institute, Banasthali University. Worked as Programmer in Department of Computer Science, Apaji Institute, Banasthali University.
CCT, University of Rajasthan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.