Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Cyber-Physical Systems: AI and COVID-19 highlights original research which addresses current data challenges in terms of the development of mathematical models, cyber-physical systems-based tools and techniques, and the design and development of algorithmic solutions, etc. It reviews the technical concepts of gathering, processing and analyzing data from cyber-physical systems (CPS) and reviews tools and techniques that can be used. This book will act as a resource to guide COVID researchers as they move forward with clinical and epidemiological studies on this outbreak, including the technical concepts of gathering, processing and analyzing data from cyber-physical systems (CPS).
The major problem in the identification of COVID-19 is detection and diagnosis due to non-availability of medicine. In this situation, only one method, Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) has been widely adopted and used for diagnosis. With the evolution of COVID-19, the global research community has implemented many machine learning and deep learning-based approaches with incremental datasets. However, finding more accurate identification and prediction methods are crucial at this juncture.
- Offers perspectives on the design, development and commissioning of intelligent applications
- Provides reviews on the latest intelligent technologies and algorithms related to the state-of-the-art methodologies of monitoring and mitigation of COVID-19
- Puts forth insights on how future illnesses can be supported using intelligent corona virus monitoring techniques
Researchers or senior graduates working in academia; academics, instructors and senior students in colleges and universities, and faculty members working on Mathematics and Computing Technologies
Part I Intelligent Sensing and Applications
1. Notable Application for COVID-19
2. Medical Status Monitoring Application for COVID-19
3. Medication Intake Application for COVID-19
4. Challenges of Mobile Health Application for COVID-19
5. RFID Application for COVID-19
6. Smart policing and surveillance for COVID-19
7. Patient tracking, patient monitoring and hospital management
8. Smart-Phone based Tracking Systems for Patients of COVID-19
9. GIS and GPS System for monitoring Isolation and Quarantine Centers
10. Effective Record Maintenance Systems and Dashboard for COVID-19
11. Predictive and Forecasting Systems for COVID-19
12. Android-Based Telemedicine System for Patient-Monitoring for COVID-19
13. Body Sensor Networks: Challenges, Solutions, and Research Directions
14. Pervasive Health Monitoring Systems for COVID-19
15. Remote Detection and Prediction for COVID-19
16. Design and Deployment of a Mobile-Based Medical Alert System
Part II: Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems
17. Multi domain decision support system for COVID-19
18. Internet of Things for COVID-19
19. Social media analytics for COVID-19
20. Data analytics for analyzing disruption from the spread of COVID-19
21. Big-data methods for mitigating the impact of COVID-19
22. Artificial Intelligence/machine learning model for COVID-19
23. New datasets for analysis of COVID-19
24. Medical image analysis for COVID-19
25. Intelligent health informatics for COVID-19
26. CPS based solutions for detection, control and prediction of COVID-19
27. Development of robots and humanoids for patient care
28. CPS Integration systems tools for COVID-19
Part III Cyber-physical modelling and simulation
29. Identification techniques in modelling and simulation
30. Modelling and simulation of sensor-based autonomous systems for COVID-19
31. Modelling and simulation of intelligent interaction using robotic systems for COVID-19
32. Mathematical modeling and forecasting of epidemic spreading of COVID-19
33. Modelling and simulation of COVID-19
34. A stochastic mathematical modelling for COVID-19
35. Mathematical models of the spread and consequences of the COVID-19
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ramesh Chandra Poonia is an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science, CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, India. Recently completed his Postdoctoral Fellowship from CPS Lab, Department of ICT and Natural Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Ålesund, Norway. He has received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Banasthali University, Banasthali, India in July 2013. His research interests are Cyber-Physical Systems, Network Protocol Evaluation and Artificial Intelligence. He is Chief Editor of TARU Journal of Sustainable Technologies and Computing (TJSTC) and Associate Editor of the Journal of Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, Elsevier. He also serves in the editorial boards of a few international journals. He is main author and co-author of 06 books and an editor of more than 25 special issue of journals and books including Springer, CRC Press – Taylor and Francis, IGI Global and Elsevier, edited books and Springer conference proceedings and has authored/co-authored over 65 research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings.
Associate Professor Department of Computer Science,CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Dr. Basant Agarwal working as an Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Kota. Worked as Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Computer Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. (NTNU), Norway under European Research Consortium for Informatics and. Mathematics (ERCIM) Fellowship program. Awarded Ph.D. on topic “Prominent Features Extraction for Sentiment Analysis” from Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Worked as a Research Assistant at Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. Worked as an Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Central University of Rajasthan. Worked as an Assistant Professor, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab. Worked as Teaching Assistant at MNIT during Ph.D. against scholarship from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Teaching Assistantship in MNIT during MTech.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Kota (IIIT Kota), India
Dr. Sandeep Kumar is currently an Associate Professor at CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Bangalore and a Part-time Post-Doctoral research fellow at Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University Saudi Arabia. Before joining CHRIST, he has worked with ACEIT Jaipur, Jagannath University Jaipur, and Amity University Rajasthan. He is an associate editor for the Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences (HCIS) journal published by Springer. He has published more than sixty research papers in various international journals/conferences and attended several national and international conferences and workshops. He has authored/edited five books in the area of computer science. His research interests include nature-inspired algorithms, swarm intelligence, soft computing, and computational intelligence
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CHRIST (Deemed to be University)
Dr. Mohammad S. Khan (SM’ 19) is currently an Assistant Professor of Computing at East Tennessee State University and the director of Network Science and Analysis Lab (NSAL). He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Computer Engineering from the University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA, in 2011 and 2013, respectively. His primary area of research is in ad-hoc networks, wireless sensor networks, network tomography, connected vehicles, and vehicular social networks. He currently serves as an associate editor of IEEE Access, IET ITS, IET WSS, Springer’s Telecommunication Systems and Neural Computing and Applications. He has been on technical program committees of various international conferences and technical reviewer of various international journals in his field. He is a senior member of IEEE.
Assistant Professor of Computing, East Tennessee State University and Director, Network Science and Analysis Lab (NSAL), Johnson City , Tennessee, USA
Gonçalo Marques holds a PhD in Computer Science Engineering and is member of the Portuguese Engineering Association (Ordem dos Engenheiros). He is currently working as Assistant Professor lecturing courses on programming, multimedia and database systems. His current research interests include Internet of Things, Enhanced Living Environments, machine learning, e-health, telemedicine, medical and healthcare systems, indoor air quality monitoring and assessment, and wireless sensor networks. He has more than 80 publications in international journals and conferences, is a frequent reviewer of journals and international conferences and is also involved in several edited books projects.
Polytechnic of Coimbra, ESTGOH, Rua General Santos Costa, 3400-124 Oliveira do Hospital, Portugal
Dr. Janmenjoy Nayak is working as an Associate Professor, Aditya Institute of Technology and Management (AITAM), (An Autonomous Institution) Tekkali, K Kotturu, AP- 532201, India. Being two times Gold Medallist in Computer Science in his career, he has been awarded with INSPIRE Research Fellowship from Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India (both as JRF and SRF level) and Best researcher award from Jawaharlal Nehru University of Technology, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh for the AY: 2018-19. He has edited nine books and seven Special Issues on the applications of Computational Intelligence, Soft Computing, data analytics and pattern recognition, published by Elsevier, Springer, Inderscience International publications. He has published more than 90 referred articles in various book chapters, conferences and International repute peer reviewed journals of Elsevier, Inderscience, Springer, IEEE etc. He is the regular member of IEEE and life member of some of the reputed societies like CSI India, Orissa Information Technology Society (OITS), Orissa Mathematical Society (OMS), IAENG (Hongkong) etc. He has successfully conducted and is being associated with International repute series conferences like ICCIDM, HIS, ARIAM, CIPR, SCDA etc. His area of interest includes data mining, nature inspired algorithms and soft computing.
Associate Professor, Aditya Institute of Technology and Management (AITAM), (An Autonomous Institution) Tekkali, K Kotturu, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.