* Covers representation, manipulation, and evaluation of geometric shapes
* Emphasizes Bernstein-Bezier methods
* Written in an informal, easy-to-read style
Table of Contents
- How a Simple System Was Born. Introductory Material. The De Castelajau Algorithm. The Bernstein Form of a Bezier Curve. Bezier Curve Topics. Polynomial Interpolation. Spline Curves in Bezier Form. Piecewise Cubic Interpolation. Cubic Spline Interpolation. B-Splines. Differential Geometry I. Geometric Continuity I. Geometric Continuity II. Conic Sections. Rational Bezier and B-Spline Curves. Tensor Product Bezier Surfaces. Composite Surfaces and Spline Interpolation. Bezier Triangles. Geometric Continuity for Surfaces. Coons Patches. Coons Patches: Additional Material. Differential Geometry II. Interrogation and Smoothing. Evaluation of Some Methods. Quick References of Curve and Surface Terms.
- No. of pages: 473
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1992
- Published: December 13, 1991
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9781483296999
About the Author
Professor Gerald Farin currently teaches in the computer science and engineering department at Arizona State University. He received his doctoral degree in mathematics from the University of Braunschweig, Germany, in 1979. His extensive CAGD experience includes working as a research mathematician in a computer-aided development for Daimler-Benz, serving on the executive committee of the ASU PRISM project, and speaking at a multitude of symposia and conferences. Farin has authored and edited several books and papers, and he is editor-in-chief of Computer Aided Geometric Design.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Curves and Surfaces for Computer-Aided Geometric Design"