Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Current Trends and Future Developments in Bio-Membranes: Membrane Technology for Water and Wastewater Treatment - Advances and Emerging Processes presents recent advances and a status update on the applications of membrane processes to both urban and industrial wastewater. Specific case studies of membrane technologies are described. Membrane processes have been widely studied, but their application in the wastewater sector is increasing rapidly. The book deals with the applications to the wastewater sector (e.g. MBR, NF, RO, ED) and emerging membrane technologies (e.g. MBfR, MD, FO, MFC). Specific case studies of membrane technology application and relevant wastewaters (e.g. municipal, dairy, oily refinery, etc.) are also discussed.
- Presents recent advances of wastewater treatment using membrane processes
- Outlines novel and emerging membrane technologies, e.g., membrane distillation, forward osmosis and membrane biofilm reactors
- Includes recent developments of more consolidated membrane processes, e.g., membrane biological reactors, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, etc., either for water treatment or desalination
- Includes interesting and instructive case studies on the application of membrane technologies to various wastewater sources, e.g., municipal, dairy, olive mill, refinery, pulp and paper
Graduate and postgraduate research students and academics in the area of chemical engineering and environmental sciences researching new membrane processes to solve related problems
Part 1. Advances in novel membrane technologies for water and wastewater
1. Wastewater treatment by membrane distillation
2. Integration of Membranes into Bioelectrochemical Systems for Enhanced Treatment Performance
3. Forward Osmosis for Water Treatment and Desalination
4. Photocatalytic membrane reactors for wastewater treatment
5. Inorganic materials for upcoming water purification membranes
6. Electrodialysis for wastewater treatment – Part I: fundamentals and municipal effluents
Part 2. Advances in membrane technologies for industrial applications
7. Electrodialysis for wastewater treatment – Part II: industrial effluents
8. RO membranes for small scale water purifiers
9. Dairy wastewater treatment by using composite membranes
10. Membrane technology for brewery wastewater treatment
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 30th January 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Angelo Basile, a Chemical Engineer, is a senior Researcher at the ITM-CNR where he is responsible for research related to both the ultra-pure hydrogen production and CO2 capture using Pd-based Membrane Reactors. He also holds a full professor of Chemical Engineering Processes. He has 140 scientific papers in peer to peer journals and 230 papers in international congresses; editor/author of more than 40 scientific books and 100 chapters on international books on membrane science and technology; 6 Italian patents, 2 European patents and 5 worldwide patents. He is referee of 116 international scientific journals and member of the Editorial Board for 22 of them. Professor Basile is also associate editor of the international journal Hydrogen Energy and of the Asia-Pacific journal Chemical Engineering, and is Editor-in-chief of the international journal Membrane Science & Technology and Editor-in-chief of Membrane Processes (Applications), a section of the international journal Membranes. Professor Basile also prepared 25 special issues on membrane science and technology for many international journals (IJHE, Chem Eng. J., Cat. Today, etc.). He participated to and was/is responsible for many national and international projects on membrane reactors and membrane science, and previously served as Director of the ITM-CNR.
Senior Researcher, Institute on Membrane Technology (ITM), Italian National Research Council (CNR), University of Calabria, Rende, Italy
Antonio Comite, PhD in Process and Chemical Engineering, is assistant professor at the Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry of University of Genoa since 2008. several. He has a wide teaching experience in Water Depuration, Catalysis and Industrial Chemistry courses. Antonio Comite has co-organized 5 successful editions of the second level university master “Water Treatment - Innovative membrane technologies & conventional processes for waste and drinking water treatment” at University of Genoa. He graduated in Industrial Chemistry in 1998 and from 2004 to 2005 he held a Marie-Curie research fellowship at "GKSS Forschungszentrum Geesthacht". Antonio Comite coordinates the research activities of the “membrane&membrane Research Group” and of the “Electron Microscopy Laboratory” at the Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry of Genoa University. His research activity focuses mainly on membrane wastewater treatments, heterogeneous catalysis, membrane reactors and fuel cells. He is co-author more than 60 papers mostly in indexed international journals (h-index 17, 871 WoS), a number of chapters in international books and several patent applications. He is referee of several international scientific journals. Antonio Comite has collaborated as a partner in several projects EU projects and as consultant for several industries
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, University of Genoa, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.