Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Current Trends and Future Developments on (Bio-) Membranes: Membrane Desalination Systems: The Next Generation explores recent developments and future perspectives in the area of membrane desalination systems. It includes fundamental principles, the different types of smart nano-structured materials, energy and brine disposal issues, design approaches and the environmental impact of membrane desalination technology. The book provides an extensive review of literature in the area of membranes for desalination systems of low energy consumption and discusses the membrane modelling necessary for desalination system validation in achieving high water recovery, low energy and near-zero liquid discharge.
- Outlines the use of the potential of salinity gradient power from brines for a low-energy desalination concept
- Focuses on the development of integrated membrane systems to achieve the goal of near-zero-liquid-discharge
- Summarizes the latest advancement in the nanosciences for creating membranes with advanced properties and functions
Graduates and post graduates, researchers in the area of desalination, water treatment and membrane processes in chemical, mechanical and environmental engineering, materials chemistry and process engineering; R&D Companies and Institutions specializing in membrane-based separation process
1. Graphene and CNT Technology
2. Carbon-based membranes for Desalination
3. The Impact of Termoplasmonics in Membrane Technology
4. Electrospun Nanofibrous Membranes for Desalination
5. Full-Scale membrane Distillation Systems and Performance Improvment Through Modeling: A Review
6. Membrane Wetting in Membrane Distilation
7. Membrane Crystallization
8. A Review: Desalinating by Forward Osmosis
9. Wind Aided Intensified Evaporation (WAIV): An Environmentally Sustainable Method for Brine Managemen
10. Membrane Desalination in Shale Gas Industry: Applications and Perspectives
11. Fundamentals of Pressure Retarded Osmosis
12. Mathematical Modeling for Electromembrane Processes
13. Salinity Gradient Power Reverse Electrodialysis
14. Integrating Pressure Retarded Osmosis and Membrane Distillation
15. Forward Osmosis, Reverse Electrodialysis and Membrane Distillation: New Integration Options in Pretreatment and Posttreatment Mmebrane Desalination Process
16. The Next Generation Energy Efficient Membrane Desalination Systen wutg Advanced Key Technologies: Mega-Ton Water System
17. The REAPower Project: Power Production from Saline Waters and Concentrated Brines
18. Membrane Operations for Minerals Recovery from Seawater
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 14th November 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Angelo Basile, a Chemical Engineer, is a senior Researcher at the ITM-CNR where is responsible of the researches related to both the ultra-pure hydrogen production and CO2 capture using Pd-based Membrane Reactors. Angelo Basile’s h-index is 47, with 339 document results (20/June/2020, www.scopus.com), with a total of 6277 citations. He has 165 scientific papers in peer to peer journals and 252 papers in international congresses; and is a reviewer for 165 int. journals, an editor/author of 50 scientific books and 120 chapters on international books on membrane science and technology; 6 Italian patents, 2 European patents and 5 worldwide patents. He is referee of 104 international scientific journals and Member of the Editorial Board of 21 of them. Basile is also Editor associate of the Int. J. Hydrogen Energy and Editor-in-chief of the Int. J. Membrane Science & Technol. and Editor-in-chief of Membrane Processes (Applications), a section of the international journal Membranes: Basile also prepared 42 special issues on membrane science and technology for many international journals (IJHE, Chem Eng. J., Cat. Today, etc.). He participated to and was/is responsible of many national and international projects on membrane reactors and membrane science. Basile served as Director of the ITM-CNR during the period Dec. 2008 – May 2009. In the last years, he was tutor of 30 Thesis for master and Ph.D. students at the Chemical Engineering Department of the University of Calabria (Italy). From 2014, Basile is Full Professor of Chemical Engineering Processes.
Senior Researcher, Institute on Membrane Technology of the Italian National Research Council, ITM-CNR, University of Calbria, Rende, Italy
M.Sc. and PhD in Chemical Engineering at the University of Calabria. Associate Professor at the Department of Environmental and Chemical Engineering – University of Calabria since 2014. Research Associate at the Institute on Membrane Technology (ITM-CNR). Co-author of >70 papers on peer-reviewed international journals (h-Index: 25, Citations>1800 by Scopus), 2 books (1 edited by Elsevier in English/Chinese, 1 by Imperial College Press), about 150 publications on congress proceedings prevalently international, 1 patent. Fifteen years of experience in design and development of advanced membrane contactors including Membrane Distillation and Membrane Crystallization, pressure-driven membrane operations (Reverse Osmosis, Forward Osmosis, Micro-Ultra-Nano filtration), Integrated Membrane Systems and Process Intensification for applications to water treatment, seawater desalination, energy production (Reverse Electrodialysis). European Membrane Society AWARD 2004 for the best published paper in Membrane Science and Engineering.
Associate Professor, Department of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, University of Calabria, Italy
Inamuddin is an assistant professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has extensive research experience in analytical chemistry, materials chemistry, electrochemistry, renewable energy, and environmental science, and his research interests include ion exchange materials, sensors for heavy metal ions, biofuel cells, supercapacitors, and bending actuators. He has worked on different research projects funded by various government agencies and universities and is the recipient of several awards for his work. He has published more than 180 research articles, 18 book chapters, and 120 edited books with multiple well-known publishers and scientific journals.
Department of Applied Chemistry, Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.