- More than 1,200 full-color photos and 200 color line drawings illustrate concepts and provide visual guidance in clinical areas.
- Comprehensive sections and chapters represent essential topics, the newest advances, and controversial topics.
- Clinical coverage brings together the latest knowledge in OMS in a concise, easy-to-apply way.
- Resident-specific coverage describes the wide array of subspecialties and treatments available in the armamentarium of the modern OMS.
- A focus on complications ensures that you are knowledgeable in this important part of any therapy or surgical discipline.
- Expert contributors include the "best of the best," featuring leading, well-established, and respected surgeons and educators writing on their areas of specialty and providing current treatment strategies.
Section 1: Principles
1. The History of Oral and Maxillfacial Surgery
2. Wound Healing: Repair Biology and Wound and Scar Treatment
3. Flap Classification and Principles of Flap Design for Head and Neck Reconstruction
4. Principles of Repair and Grafting of Bone and Cartilage
5. Burns of the Head and Neck
6. Endoscopic Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
7. Principles of Microvascular Surgery
8. Antibiotic Prophylaxis to Prevent Surgical Site Infections in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
9. Tissue Engineering
10. Molecular Biology of Head and Neck Cancer: Therapeutic Implications
11. Principles of Distraction Osteogenesis
12. Principles of Implantology and Osseointegration
Section 2: Oral Surgery
13. Management of Asymptomatic Wisdom Teeth: An Evidence-Based Approach
14. Value of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: Dentistry's Liaisons to Medicine and Hospital Care
15. Removal of Third Molars
16. Management of the Impacted Canine
17. Implants for Orthodontic Anchorage: Temporary Anchorage Device (TAD)
18. Dental Implant Prosthetic Rehabilitation: Autogenous Bone Grafting for Alveolar Defects
19. Dental Implant Prosthetic Rehabilitation: Allogenic Grafting/Bone Graft Substitutes in Implant Dentistry
20. Dental Implant Prosthetic Rehabilitation: Vertical Distraction Ontogenesis
21. Dental Implant Prosthetic Rehabilitation: Sinus Grafting
22. Reconstruction of the Atrophic Mandible
23. Zygoma Implants in the Compromised Maxilla: Their Use in Both Atrophic and Maxillectomy Patients
24. Efficacy of RhBMP-2 in Association with Dental Implants
25. Computer Assisted Implant Surgery
26. Management of the Anti-Coagulated Patient
27. The Pre-Operative Cardiac Evaluation
28. Management of the Irradiated Patient