Cross-Country Pipeline Risk Assessments and Mitigation Strategies describes the process of pipeline risk management using applicable techniques, such as qualitative risk assessment, consequence modelling/evaluation, pipeline failure rates, and modes and risk calculations, also detailing risk mitigation and control strategies. The potential modes and causes of the failure of pipelines used in the oil and gas industry are evaluated based on a wide range of data that covers more than 40 years of operating history. The book details a consistent approach that allows for the proper estimation of potential risks and how they can be mitigated.
The book is an essential resource for professionals and experts involved in pipeline design, but is also ideal for researchers and students studying risk assessment, particularly in relation to pipelines.
- Offers a practical risk assessment model for pipelines without the need for complicated, expensive software
- Describes a new and systematic approach for pipeline risk control and mitigation that reflects actual pipeline conditions and operating status
- Provides examples of all pipeline hazard identification techniques and how they are used to produce consistent results
- Includes a newly developed Excel tool that allows users to easily access and use the PipeFAIT tool
Professionals involved in pipeline design and risk assessment working in oil and gas and petrochemical industries; university researchers and students studying risk management and assessments and pipeline risk assessment in particular
1. Background and Historic Perspective
2. Identification of Hazards Associated with Pipelines
3. Introduction to Pipeline Risk Assessments
4. Consequence Modeling
5. Pipeline Failure Mode and Frequency
6. Pipeline Quantitative Risk Assessment
7. Pipeline Process Safety Management
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2018
- 1st July 2018
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Arafat Aloqaily is an internationally recognized expert in process safety and risk management with over 20 years of academic and industrial experience from the Middle East, Europe, and North America. He is an author, keynote speaker, and regular presenter in safety events with track record of achievements in this field. His expertise covers chemical processes, petrochemical, oil and gas industries. Dr. Aloqaily has authored and coauthored several papers and made several seminars on process safety and risk management topics. He has written best practices, and developed tools to streamline and simplify risk assessments and evaluation. Dr. Aloqaily also has special interest in developing probabilistic models for risk assessments, such as the work presented in this book on pipeline integrity and failure mode assessments. He also developed and delivered training courses on risk assessment and management. In addition, Dr. Aloqaily has chaired Safety conferences in different parts of the world, and led panel discussions on relevant issues. He served on technical and steering committees of relevant safety professional and academic organizations. Dr. Aloqaily has a Master Degree in Process Engineering and PhD in Chemical Engineering with focus on dispersion of multiphase clouds and aerodynamics of confined jets/flames. Dr. Aloqaily is certified in risk management, functional safety, and Lean Six Sigma practices.
Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants, Inc., Houston, TX, USA