Review quote "An excellent handbook which covers all aspects of coronary heart disease and will serve as a very useful reference for nurses working in primary and secondary health prevention".
- evidence-based content ensures a firm scientific basis for practice
- the practical nature of the content can be immediately applied in the working environment e.g. smoking cessation strategies, dietary counseling and risk assessment
- the multidisciplinary group of contributors ensures that the content reflects the multidisciplinary nature of CHD prevention work
- case studies and practice exercises enable the application of theory to practice
- summaries of key points facilitate understanding and retention
Preface. Coronary heart disease: epidemiology, pathology and diagnosis. Risk factor assessment. Lipids and lipid-lowering drugs. Hypertension and anti-hypertensive therapy. Lifestyle management: smoking. Lifestyle management: diet. Lifestyle management: exercise. Lifestyle management: facilitating behavioural change. Medical management of coronary heart disease. Cardiac rehabilitation.Women and coronary heart disease. Type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2004
- 28th November 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lecturer in Nursing and Midwifery Studies, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Professor and Director, Northern Ireland Clinical Research Facility, Belfast, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.