Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Control Systems Design of Bio-Robotics and Bio-Mechatronics with Advanced Applications delivers essential and advanced bioengineering information on the application of control and robotics technologies in the life sciences. Judging by what we have witnessed so far, this exciting field of control systems and robotics in bioengineering is likely to produce revolutionary breakthroughs over the next decade. While this book is intended for senior undergraduate or graduate students in both control engineering and biomedical engineering programs, it will also appeal to medical researchers and practitioners who want to enhance their quantitative understanding of physiological processes.
- Focuses on the engineering and scientific principles underlying the extraordinary performance of biomedical robotics and bio-mechatronics
- Demonstrates the application of principles for designing corresponding algorithms
- Presents the latest innovative approaches to medical diagnostics and procedures, as well as clinical rehabilitation from the point-of-view of dynamic modeling, system analysis and control
Students and Researchers in the following fields: Biomedical engineering; Control Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Mathematics and Applied Mathematics; Computer Engineering
1. Human-Robot Interaction for Rehabilitation Scenarios
2. State Observation and Feedback Control in Robotic Systems for Surgery and Therapy
3. Robin Heart Surgical Robot: Description and future challenges
4. Real-Time Object Detection and Manipulation Using Biomemetic Musculoskeletal Soft Robotic Grasper Addressing Robotic Fan Handling Challenge
5. Formal Verification of Robotic Cell Injection Systems
6. Identifying Vessel Branching from Fluid Stresses on Microscopic Robots
7. Navigation and Control of Endovascular Helical Swimming Microrobot Using Dynamic Programing and Adaptive Sliding Mode Strategy
8. Robotics in endoscopic transnasal skull base surgery: literature review and personal experience
9. Strategies for mimicking the movements of an upper extremity using superficial electromyographic signals
10. Automated Transportation of Micro-particles in vivo
11. Medical Nanorobots: Design, applications and future challenges
12. Impedance Control Applications in Therapeutic Exercise Robots
13. Architecture and Application of Nanorobots in Medicine
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 30th November 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Ahmad Azar has received the M.Sc. degree in 2006 and Ph.D degree in 2009 from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt. He is a research associate Professor at Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Kingdom Saudi Arabia. He is also an associate professor at the Faculty of Computers and Artificial intelligence, Benha University, Egypt. Prof. Azar is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA) and International Journal of Service Science, Management, Engineering, and Technology (IJSSMET) published by IGI Global, USA. Also, he is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK. Prof. Azar has worked as associate editor of IEEE Trans. Neural Networks and Learning Systems from 2013 to 2017. He is currently Associate Editor of ISA Transactios, Elsevier and IEEE systems journal. Dr. Ahmad Azar has worked in the areas of Control Theory & Applications, Process Control, Chaos Control and Synchronization, Nonlinear control, Renewable Energy, Computational Intelligence and has authored/coauthored over 200 research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings. He is an editor of many books in the field of fuzzy logic systems, modeling techniques, control systems, computational intelligence, chaos modeling and machine learning. Dr. Ahmad Azar is closely associated with several international journals as a reviewer. He serves as international programme committee member in many international and peer-reviewed conferences. Dr. Ahmad Azar has been a senior member of IEEE since December 2013 due to his significant contributions to the profession. Dr. Ahmad Azar is the recipient of several awards including: Benha University Prize for Scientific Excellence (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018), the paper citation award from Benha University (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). In June 2018, Prof. Azar was awarded the Egyptian State Prize in Engineering Sciences, the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology of Egypt, 2017. In July 2018 he was selected as a member of Energy and Electricity Research council, Academy of Scientific Research, Ministry of Higher Education. In August 2018 he was selected as senior member of International Rough Set Society (IRSS).
Robotics and Internet-of-Things Lab (RIOTU), Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Faculty of Computers and Artificial Intelligence, Benha University, Benha, Egypt
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.