Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Control Applications for Biomedical Engineering Systems presents different control engineering and modeling applications in the biomedical field. It is intended for senior undergraduate or graduate students in both control engineering and biomedical engineering programs. For control engineering students, it presents the application of various techniques already learned in theoretical lectures in the biomedical arena. For biomedical engineering students, it presents solutions to various problems in the field using methods commonly used by control engineers.
- Points out theoretical and practical issues to biomedical control systems
- Brings together solutions developed under different settings with specific attention to the validation of these tools in biomedical settings using real-life datasets and experiments
- Presents significant case studies on devices and applications
Students and Researchers in the following fields: Biomedical engineering; Control Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Mathematics and Applied Mathematics; Computer Engineering
1. Neuro-fuzzy inverse optimal control incorporating a multistep predictor as applied to T1DM patients
2. Blood glucose regulation in patients with type 1 diabetes by means of output-feedback sliding mode control
3. Impulsive MPC schemes for biomedical processes: Application to type 1 diabetes
4. Robust control applications in biomedical engineering: Control of depth of hypnosis
5. Robust control strategy for HBV treatment: Considering parametric and nonparametric uncertainties
6. A closed loop robust control system for electrosurgical generators
7. Application of a T-S unknown input observer for studying sitting control for people living with spinal cord injury
8. Epidemic modeling and control of HIV/AIDS dynamics in populations under external interactions: A worldwide challenge
9. Reinforcement learning-based control of drug dosing with applications to anesthesia and cancer therapy
10. Control strategies in general anesthesia administration
11. Computational modeling of the control mechanisms involved in the respiratory system
12. Intelligent decision support for lung ventilation
13. Customized modeling and optimal control of superovulation stage in in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment
14. Models based on cellular automata for the analysis of biomedical systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 17th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Ahmad Azar has received the M.Sc. degree in 2006 and Ph.D degree in 2009 from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt. In 2014, he got a post-docotral fellowship in USA. He is a research associate Professor at the college of Engineering, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He is also an associate professor at the Faculty of Computers and Information, Benha University, Egypt. Prof. Azar is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA) published by IGI Global, USA. Also, he is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK. Prof. Azar has worked as associate editor of IEEE Trans. Neural Networks and Learning Systems from 2013 to 2017. He is currently Associate Editor of ISA Transactios, Elsevier and IEEE systems journal. Dr. Ahmad Azar has worked in the areas of Control Theory & Applications, Process Control, Chaos Control and Synchronization, Nonlinear control, Renewable Energy, Computational Intelligence and has authored/coauthored over 200 research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings. Dr. Ahmad Azar is a senior Member of IEEE since Dec. 2013 due to his significant contributions to the profession. Dr. Ahmad Azar is the recipient of several awards including: Benha University Prize for Scientific Excellence (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018), The paper citation Award from Benha University (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). In June 2018, Prof. Azar has been awarded the Egyptian State Prize in Engineering Sciences, the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology of Egypt, 2017. In July 2018, he has been selected as a member of Energy and Electricity Research council, Academy of Scientific Research, Ministry of Higher Education. In Aug. 2018 he has been selected as senior Member of International Rough Set Society (IRSS).
Professor, College of Engineering, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and Faculty of Computers and Information, Benha University, Benha, Egypt