Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Towards a New Building Era
3. Holistic Building Design Approach
4. Building Digital Revolution
5. Building Information Modelling
6. Advanced Digital Design Tools and Methods
7. Advanced Construction Materials
8. Advanced Building Construction Methods
9. Advanced Building Management Tools and Methods
10. Building Automation Systems
11. Advanced Facility Management
12. Smart Building and Smart Cities
At the beginning of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the advent of digitalization, innovative technologies and materials, and new construction techniques have begun transforming the way that infrastructure, real estate, and other built assets can be designed, constructed, and operated in order to create a more attractive, energy-efficient, comfortable, affordable, safe, and sustainable built environment. Developments in materials and cutting-edge technologies (such as artificial intelligence, robotics, nanotechnology, 3D printing, and biotechnology) have finally started to move the construction towards a new era. Massive changes are occurring as a result of the possibilities created by big data and the Internet of Things, along with the technological advances that are driving down the cost of sensors, data storage, and computer services.
Construction 4.0: Advanced Technology, Tools and Materials for the Digital Transformation of the Construction Industry presents a thorough review of developments in materials, emerging trends, cutting-edge technologies, and strategies in the fields of smart building design, construction, and operation, providing the reader with a comprehensive guideline on how to exploit the new possibilities offered by the digital revolution.
It will be an essential reference resource for academic researchers, material scientists, and civil engineers, undergraduate and graduate students, and other professionals working in the fields of smart eco-efficient construction and cutting-edge technologies applied to construction.
- Features discussions on how nanomaterials, bio-based materials, and recycled materials are applied in the construction of buildings
- Analyzes the lifecycle of materials, buildings and design and construction operations
- Covers new methodologies and construction processes
- Provides case studies on cutting-edge digital technology such as AI and machine learning
- Examines all aspects of sustainability, including end-of-life of buildings
Academic researchers, materials scientists and civil engineers, undergraduate and graduate students, and other professionals working and interested in the field of smart eco-efficient construction and cutting-edge technologies applied to construction
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st December 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Marco Casini has been a professor of architecture technology and of environmental certification of buildings at “Sapienza” University of Rome since 2002. He is on the Editorial Board of the journals Ponte and Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture. He is also a member of the Interregional Working Group for Sustainable Construction at the Italian Institute for Innovation and Transparency in Government Procurement and Environmental Compatibility. He carries out research in the fields of zero energy, green and smart buildings and nanotechnologies, smart materials, and renewable energy for buildings. He has written many essays, articles, books, and proceedings.
Faculty of Architecture, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.