• Provides an overview of the Construction 4.0 framework to address the global challenges of the building
sector in the 21st century and an in-depth analysis of the most advanced digital technologies and systems for
the operation and maintenance of infrastructure, real estate, and other built assets.
• Covers major innovations across the value chain, including building design, fabrication, construction, operation
and maintenance, and end-of-life.
• Illustrates the most advanced digital tools and methods to support the building design activity, including
generative design, virtual reality, and digital fabrication.
• Presents a thorough review of the most advanced construction materials, building methods, and techniques
for a new connected and automated construction model.
• Explores the digital transformation for smart energy buildings and their integration with emerging smart
grids and smart cities.
• Reflects upon major findings and identifies emerging market opportunities for the whole AECO sector.
Table of Contents
- 1. Toward a new building era
2. Holistic building design approach
3. Building digital revolution
4. Building information modeling
5. Building performance simulation tools
6. Advanced digital design tools and methods
7. Advanced construction materials
8. Advanced building construction methods
9. Advanced site management tools and methods
10. Building automation systems
11. Advanced facility management
12. Smart building and smart cities
- No. of pages: 694
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- Published: November 24, 2021
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128217979
- eBook ISBN: 9780128218037
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Construction 4.0"