- Foreword: It Takes a Team Effort
2. Preface: Concussion in Sports
3. The Molecular Pathophysiology of Concussive Brain Injury – an Update
4. Sideline Management of Concussion
5. Neuroimaging of Concussion
6. Returning to School Following Sport-Related Concussion
7. Active Rehabilitation of Concussion and Post-concussion Syndrome
8. Managing Patients with Prolonged Recovery Following Concussion
9. The Role of Neuropsychological Evaluation in the Clinical Management of Concussion
10. Retirement and Activity Restrictions Following Concussion
11. Potential Long-Term Consequences of Concussive and Subconcussive Injury
12. Effects of Legislation on Sports-Related Concussion
CDC estimates reveal that 1.6 million to 3.8 million concussions occur each year. This issue will include topics such as pathophysiology, imagine, rturn to learn programs and long-term consequences of concussions.
- © Elsevier 2016
- 10th May 2016
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.