Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chen Zhenxian, Junyan Li and Zhongmin Jin
Part I: Generic Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology
1. Basic Concepts
2. Fundamentals of Computational Modelling of Biomechanics in the Musculoskeletal System
3. Explicit Finite Element Modelling of Artificial Hip and Knee Joints
4. Introduction to Musculoskeletal Modelling
Michael Skipper Andersen
5. Finite Element Modelling Framework for Biomechanics and Biotribology in the Musculoskeletal System
6. Coupling of Musculoskeletal Biomechanics and Joint Biotribology
Part II: Computational Modelling of Musculoskeletal Cells, Tissues, and Biomaterials
7. Multiscale Modelling of Soft Tissue Mechanics: Application to Tendons and Ligaments
8. Modelling of Muscle, Tendon and Ligament Biomechanics
9. Modelling of Articular Cartilage
10. Modelling of Bone and Bone Remodelling
11. Modelling of Bone Microstructure
12. Geometry Optimization of Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering
Part III: Computational Modelling of Orthopaedic Systems and Interfaces
13. Three-Dimensional Model for Assessing the Pore Volume of Biomaterial Intended for Implantation
14. Biomechanical Studies of Human Diaphyseal Tibia Fracture Fixation
15. Modelling of Cementless Cup Fixation in Total Hip Arthroplasty
R. Bader and Abdessalam Jakobi
16. Modelling of Lubrication in Hip Joint Implants
17. Modelling of Knee Joints
Chang Jiang Wang
Part IV: Computational Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology Interactions
18. Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology for Artificial Shoulder Joints
19. Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology for Artificial Ankle Joints
20. Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology for Artificial Hip Joints
21. Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology for Artificial Knee Joints
22. Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology for the Spine
Computational Modelling of Biomechanics and Biotribology in the Musculoskeletal System: Biomaterials and Tissues, Second Edition reviews how a wide range of materials are modeled and applied. Chapters cover basic concepts for modeling of biomechanics and biotribology, the fundamentals of computational modeling of biomechanics in the musculoskeletal system, finite element modeling in the musculoskeletal system, computational modeling from a cells and tissues perspective, and computational modeling of the biomechanics and biotribology interactions, looking at complex joint structures. This book is a comprehensive resource for professionals in the biomedical market, materials scientists and biomechanical engineers, and academics in related fields.
This important new edition provides an up-to-date overview of the most recent research and developments involving hydroxyapatite as a key material in medicine and its application, including new content on novel technologies, biomorphic hydroxyapatite and more.
- Provides detailed, introductory coverage of modeling of cells and tissues, modeling of biomaterials and interfaces, biomechanics and biotribology
- Discusses applications of modeling for joint replacements and applications of computational modeling in tissue engineering
- Offers a holistic perspective, from cells and small ligaments to complex joint interactions
Materials scientists and engineers in academia and R&D, with a focus in biomaterials development and application as well as tissue engineering and computational modelling
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 29th September 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Jin is Professor of Computational Bioengineering at the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, and Visiting Honorary Professor for Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. His research interests are joint replacement and substitution, tissue re-engineering, and functional spinal interventions, focusing on improving function using structural biomaterials.
Professor of Computational Bioengineering, University of Leeds, UK
Dr Junyan Li is a Senior Lecturer at Middlesex University, UK. Dr. Li’s current research interests are the study of bone, joint and muscle mechanisms, and the evaluation of treatment outcomes for musculoskeletal conditions. In particular, he is developing new modelling technologies and platforms to couple biomechanics and biotribology in the musculoskeletal system.
Senior Lecturer at Middlesex University, UK
Zhenxian Chen is Senior Engineer of Mechanical Engineering, Chang’an University. He is mainly engaged in implant bionic design, and the biotribology and biomechanics of artificial joints in the musculoskeletal system.
Senior Engineer of Mechanical Engineering, Chang’an University
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.