Authored by an eminent, highly qualified and greatly experienced teacher and examiner in the discipline, this book is to empower UG students to prepare for examination (as a revision book). With retained comprehensiveness of the content and interesting presentation, the aim is to strengthen both the aspects – (i) undergo the examination successfully and (ii) understand the basics of the subject.
• Covers complete MBBS syllabus of the subject through 29 chapters, dividing each chapter into 4 sections:
o 3–6 Long Questions, duly solved in a simple and lucid manner.
o 7–10 Short Notes, duly answered.
o 10–20 MCQs, with answers.
o 7–10 Viva Questions with answers.
• Addresses various aspects of practical examination, in the form of epidemiological exercises, biostatistical exercises, medico-social case taking procedure, and entomology.
• Presents chapters on Epidemiology and Biostatistics in a very elaborate and simplified manner to enable students to understand the concepts well.
- Basic Concepts in Community Medicine
2. Determinants of Health and Disease
3. Indicators (Measures) of Health in a Population
4. State of Health in India and World
5. Sociology and Health Education in Community Medicine
7. Biostatistics - Theory & MCQs
8. Water Supply and Excreta Disposal
9. Disposal of Wastes and Environmental Pollution
10. Climate, Housing and Health
11. Maternal Health and RCH Programme
12. Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health
13. Demography, Contraceptive Practices, Geriatrics, Genetics
15. General Principles of Epidemiology, Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases
16. Acute Diarrhoeal Diseases, Cholera and Food Poisoning
17. Enteric Fever, Poliomyelitis, Shigellosis and Viral Hepatitis (A & E)
18. Intestinal Protozoal and Helminthic Diseases
19. Acute Respiratory Infections of Childhood
20. Tuberculosis and Leprosy
21. Vector-Borne Diseases
22. STIs, HIV AIDS, Hepatitis B and C
23. Zoonoses and Contact Infections
25. Noncommunicable Diseases
26. Organization of Health Care System in India
27. Public Health Administration in India
28. International Health and Disaster Management
29. Occupational Health
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2016
- 16th November 2015
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
MBBS M.D (PSM) Ph.D.(Community Med) M.Phil. (Clinical Epidemiology) P.G. Dip in Health & Hospital Management; P.G. Dip in Medical Laws (NLS Bangalore); F.A.M.S
Dr Rajvir Bhalwar has been awarded the ‘Dr Sharadini Dahanukar Award for the Best Medical Teacher’ of Maharashtra State by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences for 2008
Recognised Post Graduate and Post Doctoral teacher and guide as well as examiner for MBBS, M.D. and Ph.D. for Pune University, Maharashtra University of Health sciences, & Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences.
Professor & Head of Dept of Community Medicine at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune and Army College of Medical Sciences Delhi.
Govt. Of India expert for Union Public Service Commission and expert member of National Disaster Management Authority.
Dr Rajvir Bhalwar has a total of 72 published articles / research papers in reputed national and international journals, as Principal Author / Co-author. Below are some of the books written or edited by him.
(1). (As Chief Editor & Lead Author): Text Book Of Community Medicine; 1st Ed 2013. Published by UIP (A venture of BI Publications). The copyrights of the book have recently been acquired by Wolters-Kluwer India in January 2014. Target Audience - Undergraduate Medical Students
(2). (As Chief Editor & Lead Author): Text Book of Public Health & Community Medicine. 1st Ed 2009. Published by WHO-India and Armed Forces Medical College. Target Audience : Post Graduate students and full fledged specialists in Community Medicine / Public Health
(3). (As Author of a Chapter). API Text Book of Medicine - 8th Ed 2008 and 9th Ed 2012. Author of chapter on effects of extremes of temperature. Also invited to write same chapter in forthcoming 10th Ed. Target Audience - undergraduate medical students
(4). (As Author of five Chapters). In Press - Textbook of Environmental Medicine. Author of 5 different chapters. Book being published by Wolters-Kluwer India and Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (Under Publication). Target Audience - Post Graduate Medical Students and Specialist Doctors
(5). Editor of “Public Health & Preventive Medicine - The Red Book” (AFMC Diamond Jubilee Ed, 2008). Published by the Director General, Armed Forces Medical Services). Target Audience : This book has a restricted circulation for all Doctors of Indian Armed Forces
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.