- Coverage of clinical skills prepares you to be more involved with patients and for greater physical assessment and counselling responsibilities, with discussions of communication, taking a medical history, physical assessment, reviewing lab and diagnostic tests, and monitoring drug therapies.
- A logical organization promotes skill building, with the development of each new skill building upon prior skills.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight important topics.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter help in measuring your comprehension of learning objectives.
- Professional codes of ethics are described in the Ethics in Pharmacy and Health Care chapter, including confidentiality, HIPAA, research ethics, ethics and the promotion of drugs, and the use of advance directives in end-of-life decisions.
- Numerous tables summarize key and routinely needed information.
- Downloadable, customizable forms on the companion Evolve website make it easier to perform tasks such as monitoring drug intake and for power of attorney.
2. Communication Skills for the Pharmacists
3. Taking Medication Histories
4. Physical Assessment Skills
5. Review of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
6. The Patient Case Presentation
7. Therapeutics Planning
8. Monitoring Drug Therapies
9. Researching and Providing Drug Information
10. Ethics in Pharmacy and Health Care