Clinical Pathology: A Practical Manual has been especially designed for medical undergraduate and medical technology students, laboratory technicians and clinical pathologists. It is also useful for the practicing microbiologists, pathologists and clinicians, and also to other healthcare professionals, paramedical students and practitioners.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of clinical pathology in question and answer format for quick learning and revision.
- Discusses procedures and methods of laboratory investigations along with interpretation and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Includes information on many new methodologies and technologies applicable to clinical pathology and medical laboratory technology.
- Includes five new chapters: Investigation of a Clinically Suspected Case of Anaemia; Platelet Disorders; Urinary Tract Infection: Laboratory Help in Diagnosis and Follow Up.
- Female Reproductive Tract Infection; Syndromes.
- Extensively revised and updated topics like collection of Blood; Haemolytic Anaemias; Blood Groups; Chemical Tests for Blood, Porphyrin, 5-HIAA in Urine; Examination of Sputum; Histopathological Techniques; Hi-Tech Instruments Used in Clinical Pathology.
1 Collection of Blood
2 Stains Used for Blood Film Staining
3 Examination of Blood Film and Its Interpretation
4 Total Count of Blood Corpuscles
5 Conditions of Numerical Excess and Deficiency and Functional Deficiency of Leucocytes
6 Estimation of Haemoglobin Content of Blood
7 Haematocrit: Packed Cell Volume
8 Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and Blood Viscosity
9 Aspiration of Bone Marrow: Methodology
10 Definition and Classification of Anaemia
11 Deficiency Anaemia
12 Anaemia Due to Blood Loss
13 Haemolytic Anaemias
14 Aplastic Anaemia
15 Bone Marrow Changes in Anaemia
16 Routine Haematological Examinations in the Diagnosis of Anaemia
17 Laboratory Investigations in Haemolytic Disorders
18 Laboratory Methods for Investigation of Haemolytic Anaemia
19 Investigation of a Clinically Suspected Case of Anaemia
20 Acute Leukaemia
21 Chronic Myelogenous (Myeloid) Leukaemia
22 Chronic Lymphatic Leukaemia
23 Bone Marrow Changes in Different Leukaemias
24 Bone Marrow Examination in Diseases Other than Anaemia and Leukaemia
25 Extravascular Factors in Normal Haemostatic Mechanism
26 Haemorrhagic Diseases Due to Vascular Damage
27 Disorders of Coagulation Systems
28 Disorders of Haemostasis
29 Platelet Disorders
30 Blood Groups
31 Blood Transfusion
32 Urine: Collection and Preservation
33 Physical Examination of Urine
34 Chemical Examination of Urine (Protein, Albumin)
35 Chemical Tests of Urine (Sugar, Ketone Bodies, Mucin)
36 Tests for Bile Salt and Bile Pigments in Urine
37 Chemical Tests for Blood, Porphyrin, 5-HIAA in Urine
38 Urinary Deposits
39 Macroscopical and Chemical Examination of Stool
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2012
- 15th May 2012
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN: