This text provides a thorough resource on arterial blood gases, covering the full scope of applications. This book is the first of its kind to focus on the needs of educators, students, and practitioners alike. The new edition has been completely updated, providing the latest information from the field, including facts on technical issues, basic physiology, clinical oxygenation, clinical acid base, non-invasive techniques, just to name a few. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- This book's amazing content coverage offers a wealth of useful material, including illustrations, tables, examples, and case studies.
Unit I: Introduction to Blood Gases
1. Arterial Blood Gases
2. Blood Gas Classification
Unit II: Technical Issues in Blood Gas Analysis
3. Blood Gas Sampling Errors
4. Blood Gas Electrodes and Quality Assurance
5. Accuracy Check and Metabolic Acid-Base Indices
Unit III: Basic Physiology
6. Oxygenation and External Respiration
7. Oxygen Transport and Internal Respiration
8. Acid-Base Homeostasis
Unit IV: Clinical Oxygenation
9. Assessment of Hypoxemia and Shunting
10. Treatment of Hypoxemia and Shunting
11. Hypoxia: Assessment and Intervention
Unit V: Clinical Acid Base
12. Regulation of Acids, Bases, and Electrolytes
13. Differential Diagnosis of Acid-Base Disturbances
14. Mixed Acid-Base Disturbances and Treatment
Unit VI: Noninvasive Techniques and Case Studies
15. Noninvasive Blood Gas Monitoring
16. Arterial Blood Gas Case Studies
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2005
- 4th August 2004
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Administrative Director, Respiratory/Pulmonary Services, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.