Prepare for your CPAN® or CAPA® exam with the only question-based review of perianesthesia nursing! Certification Review for Perianesthesia Nursing, 4th Edition is written by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) — the leading organization for perianesthesia nursing education, research, and practice standards. A total of more than 650 multiple-choice review questions includes case study and clinical application questions, answers, detailed rationales, references to current literature, and an interactive online Review Tool that includes 175 additional questions to use for practice! Edited by Theresa Clifford and Denise O'Brien, this ASPAN review is the most effective way to prepare for your certification exam in hospital postanesthesia or ambulatory perianesthesia nursing.
- Exam-based organization of questions mirrors that of the CPAN and CAPA exams, covering the four core subject areas: physiological, cognitive/behavioral, safety, and patient advocacy.
- Case study and clinical application questions reflect the style of the questions on the actual certification exams, allowing you to prepare for these types of questions and practice clinical reasoning.
- Detailed rationales for each question help you understand why certain answer options are better than others.
- References for each question show where to find and verify the latest standards of practice.
- Essential perianesthesia nursing concepts are identified and tied to the corresponding chapter in the Core Curriculum.
Chapter 1: Certification of Perianesthesia Nurses: CPAN and CAPA Certification Programs
Chapter 2: Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Peripheral Vascular, and Hematological Systems
Chapter 3: Neurological and Gastrointestinal Systems
Chapter 4: Renal and Integumentary Systems
Chapter 5: Genitourological, Reproductive, and Musculoskeletal Systems
Chapter 6: Endocrine System, Fluids, and Electrolytes
Chapter 7: Maintenance of Normothermia, Physiological Comfort, Therapeutic Environment
Chapter 8: Anesthesia, Malignant Hyperthermia
Chapter 9: Diversity, Psychosocial Assistance
Chapter 10: Patient/Family Education
Chapter 11: ASPAN Standards, Documentation, Regulatory Guidelines, and Patient Safety Needs
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 9th March 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Manager of Perioperative Services, Mercy Hospital, Portland, Maine; Nurse Liaison for Special Projects, American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Perianesthesia Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.