Written by an international expert, this book covers the processing, microstructure, and properties of cemented tungsten carbides. It is divided into 18 chapters covering wide areas from crystal structure to phase equilibria, production of metal and carbide powders, and much more. This book is ideal for researchers, plant engineers, and senior level students in metallurgical/mechanical/materials engineering who are interested in cemented carbides. There is no parallel book in print.
Researchers, plant engineers, and senior level students in metallurgical/mechanical/materials engineering who are interested in cemented carbides.
- Introduction References
- Crystal Structure and Phase Equilibria 1.0 Crystal Structure 2.0 Binary Systems 3.0 Ternary and Higher Order Systems 4.0 Phase Equilibria in WC-Co Cemented Carbides with Alternative Binders References
- Production of Metal and Carbide Powders 1.0 Production of Tungsten Powder 2.0 Production of Cobalt Powder 3.0 Synthesis of Tungsten Carbide 4.0 Some Novel Methods of Tungsten Carbide Production 5.0 Production of Other Refractory Carbides References
- Consolidation of Cemented Carbides 1.0 Milling of Carbides 2.0 Granulation/Spray Drying 3.0 Green Consolidation 4.0 Dewaxing 5.0 Presintering 6.0 Sintering of WC-Co Hardmetals 7.0 Other Consolidation Methods References
- Sintering Behavior of Cemented Carbides 1.0 Solid State Sintering of Cemented Carbides 2.0 Liquid Phase Sintering of Cemented Carbides 3.0 WC Based Cemented Carbides Containing Alternate Binders 4.0 Cubic Refractory Carbides Containing Cemented Carbides 5.0 TiN Containing Cemented Carbides 6.0 Ti(C,N) Containing Cemented Carbides References
- Microstructural Aspects of Cemented Carbides 1.0 Refractory Carbide Phases 2.0 Binder Phase 3.0 ETA phase 4.0 Precipitates 5.0 Pores 6.0 Microstructural Parameters References
- Mechanical Behavior of Cemented Carbides 1.0 Hardness 2.0 Transverse Rupture Strength (TRS) 3.0 Fracture Toughness 4.0 Cre
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1998
- 31st December 1998
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
"àfills a void with much needed information on this subject."