- Provides detailed description of clinical trials in cell transplantation
- Review of current therapeutic approaches
- Coverage of the broad range of diseases addressed by cell therapeutics
- Discussion of stem cell biology and its role in transplantation
Table of Contents
- A. BASIC BIOLOGY OF CELL THERAPY.
1. Immunology of Cell and Tissue Transplantation.
2. Current Immunosuppressive Drugs and Clinical Use.
3. Stem and Precursor Cells for Transplant Therapy.
4. Creating Animals for Cell Xenotransplantation.
B. CELL THERAPY FOR PERIPHERAL DISEASES AND RECONSTRUCTIVE APPLICATIONS.
5. Islet Transplants for Diabetes: The Edmonton Protocol.
7. Encapsulated Human Islet Allografts: Providing Safety with Efficacy.
8. Strategies for Cell Replacement for Kidney Failure.
9. Strategies for Extracorporeal Devices for Kidney Failure.
10. Transplants for Hemophilia.
11. Cell Therapy for Peripheral Diseases and Reconstructive Applications: Transplants for Lysosomal Storage Disease.
12. Cellular Transplants for Liver Diseases.
13. Stem Cell Transplantation for Autoimmune Diseases.
14. Cardiac Cell Transplantation.
15. Engineered Cylindrical Cartilage Transplantation as Tracheal Replacements.
16. Muscle Cell Transplants.
C. CELL THERAPY FOR CNS DISEASES.
17. Immunological Consideration in CNS Transplants.
18. Neurotrophic Cell Transplants for Degenerative Diseases of the Eye.
19. Transplants for Glioblastoma.
20. NT2N Cell Transplantation and GDNF Treatment in Stroke: Linking Neurotrophic Factor Therapy and Neuroprotection.
21. NGF Producing Cell Transplants for Alzheimer’s Disease.
22. Transplants of CNTF-Producing Cells for the Treatment of Huntington’s Disease.
23. Choroid Plexus Epithelial Cell Transplants for Repair of the Brain.
24. Neural Transplantation in Huntington’s Disease.
25. Neural Transplantation in Parkinson’s Disease.
26. Transplants for Chronic Pain.
27. Cell Grafting for Spinal Cord Injury Repair: Cell Replacement and Bridging Strategies.
28. Human Embryonic Stem Cells, Dopaminergic Neurons, and Pathways for Developing a Parkinson's Disease Therapy.
D. FUTURE AVENUES OF CELL THERAPY.
29. Concepts in Cell Therapy: From Cord Blood to Sertoli Cells.
30. Immunologically Privileged Environments.
31. Converging Cell Therapy with Biomaterials.
32. Nanotechnology’s Impact on Cell Transplantation.
33. Design and Implementation of a Cell Processing Facility.
34. Developing Cell Therapy Products.
- No. of pages: 696
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2006
- Published: December 8, 2006
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123694157
- eBook ISBN: 9780080469041
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Cellular Transplantation"