- Relates theory to practice, which is not the case with many other books on the topic
- Includes guidance on subject cataloguing as well as descriptive cataloguing
- Written in an easy-to-read style Covers the use of ISBD and Dublin Core in descriptive cataloguing, rather than being tied exclusively to using AACR
Table of Contents
- Part 1 The big picture: Why bother to catalogue? What to catalogue? Who should catalogue? How to catalogue … and not reinvent the wheel. Part 2 The nitty-gritty: Is it a book, is it a journal? What’s a strange attractor? Cataloguing subjects you know nothing about; Ici on ne lit pas le français: unknown languages and how to deal with them; Special cases; Resources for cataloguers.
- No. of pages: 258
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2003
- Published: November 30, 2003
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780630632
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Cataloguing Without Tears"