- Explores the pathogenesis of congestive heart failure, the mechanisms responsible for adverse cardiac matrix remodeling, and potential interventions to restore ventricular function
- Surveys the variety of biomaterials available for cardiac repair, including nanomaterials and hydrogels.
- Explores gene therapy and includes ultrasound-targeted or direct gene delivery as well as cell-based gene therapy for cardiac regeneration
- Explores vascular remodeling, highlighting aortic extracellular matrix remodeling, cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation, and stem cells for tissue-engineered blood vessels
Table of Contents
Volume 1 Part 1 The pathogenesis of congestive heart failure: Cardiac matrix remodeling and heart failure; Cardiac biomechanics and heart dysfunction; Modifying matrix remodeling to prevent heart failure. Part 2 Cell therapy for cardiac regeneration and repair: Optimal cells for cardiac repair and regeneration; Cell delivery routes for cardiac stem cell therapy; Cell therapy to regenerate the ischemic heart; Cell therapy for cardiac repair – bench to bedside and back; Recent advances in cardiac stem cell therapy to restore left ventricular function; Monitoring myocardial functional regeneration following cardiac stem cell application; Feasibility of allogeneic stem cells for heart regeneration; Bone marrow cells and their role in cardiac repair after myocardial infarction. Part 3 Stem cells for cardiac regeneration and repair: Cardiac cell therapy to restore contracting elements; Human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) for heart regeneration; Human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) for heart regeneration; Cardiac cell therapy: Current status and future trends. Part 4 Gene therapy for cardiac regeneration and repair: Stem cell and gene therapy for cardiac regeneration; Ultrasound-targeted cardiovascular gene therapy.
Volume 2 Part 1 Biomaterials for cardiac regeneration and repair: Nanotechnology and nanomaterials for cardiac repair; Hydrogels for cardiac repair; Injectable biomaterials for cardiac regeneration and repair; Biomaterials for enhancing endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) therapy for cardiac regeneration; Endothelial progenitor cell (EPC)-seeded intravascular stents. Part 2 Tissue engineering for cardiac regeneration and repair: Biomaterials and cells for cardiac tissue engineering; Decellularized biologic scaffolds for cardiac repair and regeneration; Biomaterial scaffolds for cardiac regeneration and repair derived from native heart matrix; Cell sheet engineering for cardiac repair and regeneration; Maturation of functional cardiac tissue patches; Vascularizing engineered tissues for in vivo and in vitro applications; Clinical considerations for cardiac tissue engineering. Part 3 Vascular remodelling for regeneration and repair: Aortic extra cellular matrix (ECM) remodelling; Cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation; Stem cells in tissue-engineered blood vessels for cardiac repair; Tissue-engineered cardiovascular grafts and novel applications of tissue engineering by self-assembly (TESA™).
- No. of pages: 926
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2014
- Published: January 31, 2014
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Cardiac Regeneration and Repair"