Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Carbon-Based Polymer Nanocomposites for Environmental and Energy Applications provides the fundamental physico-chemical characterizations of recently explored carbon-based polymer nanocomposites, such as carbon nanotubes, graphene and its derivatives, nanodiamond, fullerenes and other nano-sized carbon allotropes. The book also covers the applications of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite in the environmental and energy fields. Topics range from the various approaches that have been explored and developed for the fabrication of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite, to their applications in tackling environmental and energy related issues.
- Provides a clear picture of the current state-of-the-art and future trends in carbon-based polymer nanomaterials
- Explains the interactions between nanofiller-polymer matrices and mechanisms related to applications in environmental pollution and energy shortage
- Includes computational and experimental studies of the physical and chemical properties of carbon-based polymer nanocomposites
- Features chapters written by world leading experts
Postgraduate students and researchers in academia and industry working in chemical engineering and materials science
Part 1: Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposites
1. Surface modification of carbon-based nanomaterials for polymer nanocomposite
2. Conventional and advanced techniques for the fabrication of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite
3. Characterizations of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite
4. Physical and chemical properties of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite-Computational studies
5. Physical and chemical properties of carbon-based polymer nanocomposite-Experimental studies
Part 2: Environmental applications of Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite
6. Carbon-based polymer nanocomposite as adsorbent for heavy metal removal
7. Carbon-based polymer nanocomposite as antimicrobial agent
8. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite membrane for acidic gas removal
9. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite membrane for oily wastewater treatment
10. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite membrane for inorganics, fertilizers and nutrients containing wastewater treatment
11. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite membrane for desalination
12. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for dyes and pigments removal
13. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for photodegradation of organic hazardous materials
14. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for sensing
15. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite as electrodes for microbial fuel cell
Part 3: Energy applications of Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposites
16. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite membrane for proton exchange membrane fuel cell
17. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite as electrolytes
18. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for solar cell
19. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for photovoltaic devices
20. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite as energy saving devices
21. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for supercapacitors
22. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for lithium ion batteries
23. Carbon-based Polymer Nanocomposite for gas storage
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 30th March 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
A.F. Ismail is a Professor at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), where he runs a membrane technology research group at AMTEC. He has also held the post of Dean of Research for the Materials and Manufacturing Alliance at UTM. Dr. Ismail’s research interests cover membrane formation, membranes for wastewaster treatment and gas separation, and nanofibers and nanostructured materials for energy applications. He has authored or edited 4 books, and published several book chapters. Dr. Ismail has received several awards, including the ASEAN Young Scientist and Technologist Award in 2001 (the first Malaysian to receive this award), the Malaysian Young Scientist Award in 2000, and the Malaysian Intellectual Property Award for the Patent Category, and the Merdeka Award for Scholastic Achievements in 2014. He was also the first Malaysian scientist to twice win the National Innovation Award in Waste to Wealth and Product categories, both in 2009 and 2011. Prof. Dr. Ahmad Fauzi Ismail is the Founder and First Director of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC). His research interest are in development of polymeric, inorganic and novel mixed matrix membranes for water desalination, waste water treatment, gas separation processes, membrane for palm oil refining, photocatalytic membrane for removal of emerging contaminants, development of haemodialysis membrane and polymer electrolyte membrane for fuel cell applications. His research has been published in many high impact factor journals. He also actively authored many academic books in this field which published by reputable international publishers. He is the author and co-author of over 600 refereed journals. He has authored 6 books, over 50 book chapters and 4 edited books, 6 Patents granted, 14 Patents pending. His h-index is 66 with cumulative citation of over 19,300. He won more than 150 awards national and internationally. Among the most prestigious award won is the Merdeka Award for the Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Category at 4th September 2014, Malaysia’s Rising Star Award 2016 for Frontier Researcher category at 1st November 2016, Malaysia’s Research Star Award 2017 on 5 October 2017, Malaysia’s Research Start Award 2018. Recently, He was appointed as UNESCO Chair on Groundwater Arsenic within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. He is the Chairman of Academy of Sciences Malaysia (Southern Region), Fellow of The Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Chartered Engineer in the UK (CEng) and a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (FIChemE). Ahmad Fauzi also served as the Editorial Board Members of Desalination, Journal of Membrane Water Treatment, Jurnal Teknologi, Journal of Membrane Science and Research, Journal of Membrane and Separation Technology and the Advisory editorial board member of Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology. He involved extensively in R&D&C for national and multinational companies related to membrane-based processes for industrial application and currently have two spin off companies. He is the founder of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC) and now recognized as Higher Education Centre of Excellence (HICoE). Currently Ahmad Fauzi is the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Research and Innovation, UTM.
Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Malaysia
Pei Sean Goh is Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Petroleum and Renewable Energy Engineering at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Her research interests lie in the fields of fabrication of nanostructured materials for membrane-based separation processes. One of the main focuses of her research is the applications of carbon-based nanomaterials and nanocomposite membranes for acidic gas removal as well as desalination and wastewater treatment.
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC), Skudai, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.