Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases is a practical, up-to-date resource covering the most important and cutting-edge advances in the field. Presented by a seasoned educator in a concise, highly visual format, this innovative guide keeps you current with the latest advances in this ever-changing field. 80 case studies illustrate the clinical relevance of the major infectious disease chapters.
- Well-organized Major Infectious Diseases chapters break down content by etiologic agent and epidemiology, clinical signs and their pathophysiology, physical examination findings, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, immunity, prevention, and public health implications.
- Over 80 case studies illustrate how the information provided can be applied in everyday practice.
- Logical approach to laboratory diagnosis guides you through all the steps needed to accurately diagnose and treat viral, bacterial, fungal, protozoal, and algal diseases.
- Practical protocols provided by expert clinicians guide you in the management of canine and feline patients suspected to have infectious diseases, including handling, disinfection, isolation, and vaccination protocols.
- Over 500 full color images – geographic distribution maps, life cycle drawings, and hundreds of color photographs – visually illustrate and clarify complex issues.
- Easy-to-understand tables and boxes make content quickly accessible, eliminating the need to sort through dense text for critical information in the clinical setting.
PART I: BASIC PRINCIPLES IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF SMALL ANIMAL INFECTION
Section 1. Laboratory Diagnosis of Canine and Feline Infectious Diseases
1. Isolation in Cell Culture
3. Isolation and Identification of Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria
4. Isolation and Identification of Fungi
5. Nucleic Acid Detection Assays
Section 2. Anti-Infective Therapy
6. Principles of Anti-Infective Therapy
7. Antiviral and Immunomodulatory Drugs
8. Antibacterial Drugs
9. Antifungal Drugs
10. Antiprotozoal Drugs
Section 3. Basic Principles for Infection Control
11. Infection Control Programs for Dogs and Cats
PART II: MAJOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND THEIR ETIOLOGIC AGENTS
Section 1. Viral Diseases
14. Canine Parvovirus Infection and Other Viral Enteritides
15. Canine Distemper Virus Infection
16. Canine Herpesvirus Infection
17. Canine Viral Respiratory Infections
18. Infectious Canine Hepatitis
19. Feline Panleukopenia Virus Infection and Other Viral Enteritides
20. Feline Coronavirus Infection
21. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
22. Feline Leukemia Virus Infection
23. Feline Respiratory Viral Infections
24. Feline Poxvirus Infection
26. Viral Papillomatosis
27. Vector-Borne and Other Viral encephalitides
Section 2. Bacterial Diseases
30. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
31. Salmon Poisoning Disease
32. Coxiellosis and Q Fever
33. Chlamydial Infections
34. Streptococcal and Enterococcal Infections
35. Staphylococcus Infections
36. Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
37. Anaerobic In
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 2nd August 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: