- Expert authorship , including the addition of three world-renowned endocrinology experts — Claudia Reusch, Catharine Scott-Moncrieff, and Ellen Behrend — offers unparalleled guidance on the latest advances in the field.
- Separation of cats and dogs into separate chapters ensures information on each species is covered to its fullest.
- Focus on diagnosis and treatment with less discussion on anatomy and physiology allows the book to concentrate on practical, current information that today’s clinician most use.
- Thorough coverage of indications and interpretation of testing procedures in endocrine diseases enables reliable and accurate diagnosis.
- Detailed discussions of diagnostic strategies and treatment recommendations provide practical, cost-effective, and expedient approaches while ensuring they represent standard of care backed by research and experience.
- Algorithms on diagnostic and therapeutic approaches provide a practical, logical resource for the busy practitioner needing quick access to information.
- Logical, step-by-step guidelines aid in accurate decision-making and diagnosis.
- Comprehensive tables and boxes summarize and clarify key information for quick reference.
- In-depth discussions from experts in the field include coverage of treatment, monitoring, and management of complications as well as clinical signs, differential diagnoses and diagnostic approaches
- Extensive reference lists provide readers with sources for additional information on clinical investigative studies
- Separate chapters devoted to each key topic provide thorough, distinct coverage of all content areas.
SECTION 1: THE PITUITARY GLAND
1. Water Metabolism and Diabetes Insipidus
2. Disorders of Growth Hormone
SECTION 2: THE THYROID GLAND
4. Feline Hyperthyroidism (Thyrotoxicosis)
5. Canine Thyroid Tumors and Hyperthyroidism
SECTION 3: THE ENDOCRINE PANCREAS
6. Canine Diabetes Mellitus
7. Feline Diabetes Mellitus
8. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
9. Beta-Cell Neoplasia: Insulinoma
SECTION 4: THE ADRENAL GLAND
10. Canine Hyperadrenocorticism
11. Adrenocortical Diseases in Cats
13. Pheochromocytoma and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
14. Glucocorticoid Therapy
SECTION 5: PARATHYROID GLAND
15. Hypercalcemia and Primary Hyperparathyroidism
16. Hypocalcemia and Primary Hypoparathyroidism