- Provides a complete compilation of detailed information on Ca2+ efflux and influx transporters in plants
- Discusses the mode of action of calcium transport elements and their classification
- Explores the indispensable role of Ca2+ in numerous developmental and stress related pathways
Researchers and students interested in plant molecular biology, plant science, biotechnology and agriculture
Table of Contents
1. An introduction to the calcium transport elements in plants.
2. Calcium-cytoskeleton signalling induced modification of plant development
3. Mechanism of Ca2+ homeostasis across the plant membranes.
4. Calcium transport elements in model and crop plants.
5. Evolution of Ca2+ transporters in plants.
6. Cation/H+ exchanger (CAX) in plants: roles in development and stress response
7. Role of Ca2+ ATPases in calcium homeostasis in plants during development and stress
8. Cation/Ca2+ exchanger (CCX) proteins function in plants
9. The Na+/Ca2+ exchanger like proteins from plants: an overview
10. Ca2+ channels and transporters in plants under salinity stress
11. An overview of Annexins in plants
12. Multimember CNGC family in plants: Role in development and stress management
13. Functional analysis of glutamate receptor-like channels in plants
14. Calmodulin and Calmodulin-like Ca2+ binding proteins as molecular players of abiotic stress response in plants
15. Calmodulin-binding Transcription Activator (CAMTA)/ factors in plants
16. Mechanosensitive ion channels in plants
17. CBL and CIPK interaction in plants for calcium mediated stress response
18. Calcium signalling network in abiotic stress tolerance in plants
19. Role of calcium nutrition on product quality and disorder susceptibility of horticultural crops: processes and strategies for biofortification
20. Calcium transport in chloroplast and mitochondria of plant cell
21. Calcium uptake and translocation in plants
22. Interaction between Ca2+ and ROS signalling in plant cell
23. Methods for detection and measurement of Calcium in plants
24. Application of Calcium transport elements in plants improvement: a future perspective
- No. of pages: 494
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2021
- Published: January 8, 2021
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128217924
- eBook ISBN: 9780128217931
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Calcium Transport Elements in Plants"