Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Bridge Engineering: Classifications, Design Loading, and Analysis Methods begins with a clear and concise exposition of theory and practice of bridge engineering, design and planning, materials and construction, loads and load distribution, and deck systems. This is followed by chapters concerning applications for bridges, such as: Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Bridges, Steel Bridges, Truss Bridges, Arch Bridges, Cable Stayed Bridges, Suspension Bridges, Bridge Piers, and Bridge Substructures. In addition, the book addresses issues commonly found in inspection, monitoring, repair, strengthening, and replacement of bridge structures.
- Includes easy to understand explanations for bridge classifications, design loading, analysis methods, and construction
- Provides an overview of international codes and standards
- Covers structural features of different types of bridges, including beam bridges, arch bridges, truss bridges, suspension bridges, and cable-stayed bridges
- Features step-by-step explanations of commonly used structural calculations along with worked out examples
Civil Engineers, Construction Engineers, Construction Managers, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, and Earthquake Engineers
1. Introduction of Bridge Engineering
2. Bridge Planning and Design
3. Materials for Bridge Constructions
4. Loads and Load Distribution
5. Bridge Deck Systems
6. Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Bridges
7. Steel Bridges
8. Truss Bridges
9. Arch Bridges
10. Cable-Stayed Bridges
11. Suspension Bridges
12. Bridge Bearings and Substructures
13. Inspection, Monitoring, and Assessment
14. Repair, Strengthening, and Replacement
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2017
- 12th May 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lin Weiwei Assistant Professor Faculty of Science and Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering / International Center for Science and Engineering Programs(ICSEP)
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, International Center for Science and Engineering Programs, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Teruhiko Yoda is on the faculty of Waseda University, where he holds the chair professorship in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He has authored and co-authored more than 20 technical books and over 300 articles dealing with the problems of the structural mechanics and bridge engineering.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan