Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Compostable Pulp moulding products from Oil palm biomass for packaging Application
Dr. Jawaid-Universiti Putra Malaysia and Dr. Q Liu, and Dr. Rob-Bangor University, Wales, UK
2. Antimicrobial coated food packaging paper from agricultural biomass
Dr. Ainun, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
3. Tapoica/PBS biocomposite tray from Oil palm Biomass by Injection moulding
Mr. Kelvin, Nextek, Australia
4. Effect of different PBS/Starch formulation on Food tray by Thermoforming process
Dr. Q Liu, and Dr. Rob-Bangor University, Wales, UK
5. Soya Protein based biocomposites as Ideal Packaging Materials
Prof Sarat K swain, VSS University of Technology, India
6. Wheat straw/PLA biocomposite for packaging application
Dr. Behjat, FAO, USA
7. A biodegradable film and package products from Rice husk
Hao Xu, China
8. Sustainable Packaging from Coir Fibres
Martin H.B. Snijder, The Netherlands
9. Eco-friendly, Bio-degradable and Compostable Plates from Areca Leaf
Prof N Rajini, India
10. Eco friendly bio-degradable moulded pulp packaging using sugarcane bagasse
Dr. Carlo Santuli, Italy
11. Production of bio-plastics and bio-gels from agricultural waste
Raymond Jatta, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, Ghana
12. Novel packaging concept based on up-cycled wheat straw from agricultural waste
Daisy Phillipson, Hannover, Germany
13. Coating on packaging products to enhance Shelf life
14. Antimicrobial Edible Coatings for Food Packaging Applications
Arantzazu Valdés, University of Alicante, Spain
15. Promising agricultural wastes for Food Packaging Applications
Dr Naheed Saba, Universiti Putra Malaysia
16. Modelling for the process and the prediction of the thermal and mechanical behaviour for the biopolymers and biocomposites
17. LCA of biomass based Food packaging materals
18. Safety and legislation in Food Packaging
19. The rheological behaviour of biopolymers and biocomposites for Food Packaging Applications
Biopolymers and Biocomposites from Agro-waste for Packaging Applications looks at the utilization of biocomposites and biopolymers for packaging applications. The book focuses on the development of affordable, innovative, sustainable packaging products made from biopolymers and biocomposites derived from agricultural waste/biomass and how they that result in improved shelf-life performance. In addition, it explores how these affordable packaging products can reduce food loss across the supply chain, the future direction of setting-up platforms for broader uses, and how these products can also contribute to minimizing waste-to-landfill problems.
- Focuses on the application and use of non-exploited cheap agricultural waste for food packaging applications
- Contains information on the modeling and processing of biopolymers and biocomposites to predict thermal and mechanical behavior
- Features a discussion of coatings on packaging products to enhance shelf life
Academic and industrial researchers working in materials science, polymer science and packaging technology and engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 7th November 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Naheed Saba completed her PhD in Biocomposites from the Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia. She has published over 20 scientific and engineering articles in advanced composites, as well as one book and 8 book chapters. Dr. Saba’s research interests lie in nanocellulosic materials, fire retardant materials, natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, biocomposites, hybrid composites and nanocomposites.
Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as High Flyer Fellow (Professor) at Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia, and also has been Visiting Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He has more than 16 years of experience in teaching, research, and industries. His area of research interests includes hybrid composites, lignocellulosic reinforced/filled polymer composites, advance materials: graphene/nanoclay/fire retardant, modification and treatment of lignocellulosic fibers and solid wood, biopolymers and biopolymers for packaging applications, nanocomposites and nanocellulose fibers, and polymer blends.
High Flyer Fellow (Professor), Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohamed Thariq is a Professional Engineer registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), and is currently attached to the Universiti Putra Malaysia as Director / Head of Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Faculty of Engineering, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Being a Director / Head of AMRC; he is also an Independent Scientific Advisor to the Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC) based in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He has about 10 years of experience in teaching and research. His area of research includes Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Society of Structural Health Monitoring (MSSHM) based in UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.