Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biomedical Psychiatric Therapeutics presents the basic principles of biomedical psychiatric therapeutics. It discusses special areas of major clinical importance where biomedical psychiatry connects with chemical dependencies. It addresses the advances in biological exploration of psychiatric disorders that have a major impact on biomedical psychiatric therapeutics.
Some of the topics covered in the book are the chemotherapy of anxiety; treatment of alcohol withdrawal; use of anxiolytics in patients with medical illness; chemotherapy of affective disorders; monoamine oxidase inhibitors; atypical antidepressants; indications for lithium therapy; and treatments for manic-depressive disease. The chemotherapy of schizophrenia is fully covered. The electroconvulsive therapy is discussed in detail. The text describes in depth the systemic morbidity and mortality. The effect of electroconvulsive therapy in the central nervous system is presented completely. A chapter is devoted to the use of the clinical laboratory. Another section focuses on the chromosomal abnormalities. The book can provide useful information to psychologists, doctors, students, and researchers.
I. General Treatment Approaches
1. Chemotherapy of Anxiety
2. Chemotherapy of Affective Disorders
3. Chemotherapy of Schizophrenia
4. Electroconvulsive Therapy
5. Use of the Clinical Laboratory
6. Evaluation of Treatment Results
II. Special Topics
7. Delirium and Dementia (Organic Brain Syndromes)
8. Chronic Pain
9. Psychotropic Drug Interactions
10. Psychiatric Complications of Nonpsychiatric Drugs
11. Psychodynamic Factors Affecting Biomedical Psychiatric Therapeutics
III. Future Directions
12. Future Directions for Biological Exploration of Psychiatric Disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1984
- 1st May 1984
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.