Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent concerns over the possible hazards of electrical and magnetic fields in the home and workplace are comprehensively addressed within this book. The chapters contain detailed research on the biological effects of electric and magnetic fields, and evidence for and against any interaction of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) and the biological systems.
- The relative risk of exposure to EMFs
- Putative behavioral and neural effects of EMFs
- EMF effects on cells
Cancer researchers, toxicologists, biophysicists, radiation researchers, regulatory health agencies, and epidemiologists
Contributors. Preface. I. Clinical Applications and Therapeutic Effects:
- Effect of Electrical Fields on Neuronal Growth and Regeneration, W. Young.
- Therapeutic Uses of Electric and Magnetic Fields in Orthopedics, A. Bassett.
- Magnetic Source Imaging, R.J. Ilmoniemi. II. Cell and Molecular Biology and Electric and Magnetic Fields:
- Electric Field-Induced Calcium Flux and Changes in Cell Shape, Motility, and Cytoskeleton, S.W. Hui.
- In Vitro Systems for the Study of Electromagnetic Effects on Bone and Connective Tissue, R.A. Luben.
- Electric and Magnetic Field Effects on the Immune System, A. Chiabrera, R. Cadossi, F. Bersani, C. Franceschi, and B. Bianco.
- Autoimmune Reactions as a Possible Component of Stress Induced by Electromagnetic Fields, A.M. Serduke, Y.D. Dumanskyj, and S. Mandzu.
- Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields on Transcription, R. Goodman and A. Shirley-Henderson.
- Electric and Magnetic Fields and Carcinogenesis, A.H. Parola and A. Markel. III. Cancer and Other Human Health Effects:
- Electric and Magnetic Fields and Cancer: The Use of Field Exposure Measurements in Epidemiological Studies, S. Koifman and G. Th_riault.
- Epidemiologic Evidence on Cancer in Relation to Residential and Occupational Exposures, D.A. Savitz and A. Ahlbom.
- Electric Power and Risk of Hormone-Related Cancers, R.G. Stevens.
- Thermal, Cumulative, and Life Span Effects and Cancer in Mammals Exposed to Radiofrequency Radiation, J.A. Elder.
- Power-Frequency Electric and Magnetic Fields: Issues of Risk Management and Risk Communication, M.G.Morgan.
- The Public Health Implications of Magnetic Field Effects on Biological Systems, D.O. Carpenter. References. Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1994
- 15th June 1994
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
School of Public Health, University of Albany, New York, U.S.A.
Armenian Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Armenia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.