Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Biodiversity and Evolution includes chapters devoted to the evolution and biodiversity of organisms at the molecular level, based on the study of natural collections from the Museum of Natural History. The book starts with an epistemological and historical introduction and ends with a critical overview of the Anthropocene epoch.
- Explores the study of natural collections of the Museum of Natural History
- Examines evolution and biodiversity at the molecular level
- Features an introduction focusing on epistemology and history
- Provides a critical overview
Students, teachers and researchers, interested in biology, epistemology and scientific cultural aspects
1. From Richard Owen to Charles Darwin: Understanding the Origin of Life’s Diversity
2. Life Engineering in an Evolutionary World
3. The View of Systematics on Biodiversity
4. Which Model(s) Explain Biodiversity?
5. Analysis of Microbial Diversity: Regarding the (Paradoxical) Difficulty of Seeing Big in Metagenomics
Chloé VIGLIOTTI, Philippe LOPEZ and Eric BAPTESTE
6. Genetic Code Degeneracy and Amino Acid Frequency in Proteomes
7. Telomeres and Telomerases: Structural Diversity for the Same Role
8. Globalization and Infectious Diseases
9. Why are Morpho Blue?
Vincent DEBAT, Serge BERTHIER, Patrick BLANDIN, Nicolas CHAZOT, Marianne ELIAS, Doris GOMEZ and Violaine LLAURENS?
10. Biodiversity in Natural History Collections: a Source of Data for the Study of Evolution Romain
11. Mice and Men: an Evolutionary History of Lassa Fever
Aude LALIS and Thierry WIRTH
12. Evolutionary History of Moles in Western Europe: One Mole May Hide Another!
Violaine NICOLAS, Jessica MARTINEZ-VARGAS and Jean-Pierre HUGOT
13. The Conoidea and Their Toxins: Evolution of a Hyper-Diversified Group
Nicolas PUILLANDRE and Sébastien DUTERTRE
14. The Anthropocene: a Geological or Societal Subject?
Patrick DE WEVER and Stan FINNEY
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2018
- 23rd March 2018
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Philippe Grandcolas is a Senior Scientist CNRS and Director at the Institut de Systematique, Evolution, Biodiversite.
Marie-Christine Maurel is a professor- researcher at UPMC and MNHN.
UPMC and MNHN, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.