- Reviews recent research in bio-tribocorrosion and its role in improving the design and service life of medical implants
- Discusses types of bio-tribocorrosion including fatigue and wear corrosion
- Examines biological effects on bio-tribocorrosion processes including interaction of proteins with metal surfaces
Table of Contents
- Topography in bio-tribocorrosion. Part 1 Wear-corrosion mechanisms in biomaterials: Synergistic mechanisms of bio-tribocorrosion in medical implants; Fretting corrosion processes and wear mechanisms in medical implants; Wear and corrosion in the loosening of total joint replacements (TJRs); Abrasion-corrosion mechanisms of implant materials; Wear prediction in dental composites. Part 2 Bio-tribocorrosion and the biological environment: Growth of passive tribo-films in medical implants; Biofilms in the oral environment; Influence of protein adsorption on corrosion of biomedical alloys. Part 3 Bio-tribocorrosion in the clinical environment: Bio-tribocorrosion in dental applications; Corrosion resistant coatings for dental implants; Biotribocorrosion: surface interactions in total joint replacement (TJR); Tribocorrosion in artificial joints: in vitro testing and clinical implications; Testing protocol for the study of bio-tribocorrosion.
- No. of pages: 430
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2013
- Published: September 30, 2013
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780857098603
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Bio-Tribocorrosion in Biomaterials and Medical Implants"