- Print ISBN 9780444527592
- Electronic ISBN 9780080476049
This is a book which examines much of what we know and also what we don’t know about the Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystem and its inherent variability. Building on recent work and exciting findings about the predictability of the Benguela and other coastal upwelling ecosystems, the book takes a look towards the future and highlights the difficulty of making predictions in such a complex and variable region. The book illustrates what scientists and managers from developed and developing countries can achieve by working together, and it lays a solid base upon which to build wise management and ensure sustainable use of the ecosystem.
All disc-based content for this title is now available on the Web.
* Essential reading and a valuable reference work on the Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystem
* Covers what we know about variability in the Benguela and its impacts
* Provides information on forecasting in the Benguela and offers insight in what is predictable and what is not
* Discusses key elements of a future integrated observing and forecasting system