- Comprehensive coverage of all aspects of clinical management written by leading experts in the field provides readers with a depth and breadth of knowledge on avian medicine and care.
- Coverage of a wide variety of species — including raptors, bustards, and many others — enables practitioners to treat a greater assortment of patients with more confidence and skill.
- Bulleted text and tables help present information in an accessible way.
- More than 900 color images give readers a better picture of disease and how it will be encountered in practice.
- Appendices bring together wide-ranging data on hematology and blood chemistry reference values, commonly used pharmaceutics and other information relevant to avian practitioners.
Table of Contents
- 1. Housing, Environment and Public Awareness
2. Avian Intelligence, Clinical Behavior and Welfare
3. Nutrition and Nutritional Management
4. Capture and Handling
5. The Clinical Examination
6. Clinical and Laboratory Diagnostic Examination
7. Anesthesia and Analgesia
8. Medical, Nursing and Cosmetic Procedures
9. Trauma-Related Medical Conditions
10. Management-Related Medical Conditions
11. Soft Tissue Surgery
12. Orthopedic Surgery
13. Systemic Diseases
14. Infectious Diseases
16. Post-Mortem Examination
17. Forensic Investigations in Avian Medicine
- No. of pages: 712
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby Ltd. 2016
- Published: November 26, 2015
- Imprint: Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN: 9780723439554
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780723438328
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Avian Medicine"