Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Automotive Tire Noise and Vibrations: Analysis, Measurement and Simulation presents the latest generation mechanisms of tire/road noise. The book focuses not only on tire/road noise issues from the tire/road structures, materials and dynamics, but also from a whole vehicle system. The analyses cover finite element modeling, mathematical simulations and experimental tests, including works done to mitigate noise. This book provides a summary of tire noise and vibration research, with a focus on new simulation and measurement techniques.
- Covers new measurements techniques and simulation strategies that are critical in accurately assessing tire noise and vibration
- Provides recent simulation progress and findings of CAE on analysis of generation mechanisms of the tire/road noise
- Features a Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) and model of a multilayer trim to enhance the sound absorption of tire/road noise
NVH research and development engineers in tire companies and automobile manufacturing companies; Academic researchers, postgrad students and faculties in automotive and mechanical engineering
1. Background Introduction
2. Tire/Road Noise Separation: Tread Pattern Noise and Road Texture Noise
3. Influence of Tread Pattern on Tire/Road Noise
4. Influence of Road Texture on Tire/Road Noise
5. Measurement Methods of Tire/Road Noise
6. Generation mechanism of Tire/Road Noise
7. Suspension Vibration and Transfer Path Analysis
8. Structure-Borne Vibration of Tire
9. Structural-Acoustic Analysis of Tire-Cavity System
10. CAE findings on the physics of Tire/Road Noise
11. Tire/Road Noise Mitigation Using Acoustic Absorbent Materials
12. Statistical Energy Analysis of Tire/Road Noise
13. Pass-by Noise: Regulation and Measurement
14. Pass-by Noise: Simulation and Analysis
15. Summary and Future Scope
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 1st August 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Xu Wang is Associate Professor in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacture Engineering at RMIT University, Australia. He is also a Fellow of SAE, IEAust, CPEng.
Associate Professor, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacture Engineering, RMIT University, Australia, and a Fellow of SAE, IEAust, and CPEng
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.