Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Automotive Tire Noise and Vibrations: Analysis, Measurement and Simulation presents the latest generation mechanisms of tire/road noise. The book focuses not only on tire/road noise issues from the tire/road structures, materials and dynamics, but also from a whole vehicle system. The analyses cover finite element modeling, mathematical simulations and experimental tests, including works done to mitigate noise. This book provides a summary of tire noise and vibration research, with a focus on new simulation and measurement techniques.
- Covers new measurements techniques and simulation strategies that are critical in accurately assessing tire noise and vibration
- Provides recent simulation progress and findings of CAE on analysis of generation mechanisms of the tire/road noise
- Features a Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) and model of a multilayer trim to enhance the sound absorption of tire/road noise
NVH research and development engineers in tire companies and automobile manufacturing companies; Academic researchers, postgrad students and faculties in automotive and mechanical engineering
Preface - Xu Wang
- Background Introduction - Xu Wang
- Tire/Road Noise Separation: Tread Pattern Noise and Road Texture Noise - Tan Li
- Influence of Tread Pattern on Tire/Road Noise - Tan Li
- Influence of Road Texture on Tire/Road Noise - Tan Li
- Measurement Methods of Tire/Road Noise - Azizi Yousof
- Generation Mechanism of Tire/Road Noise - Azizi Yousof
- Suspension Vibration and Transfer Path Analysis - Liu Xiandong and Qizhang Feng
- Stucture-Borne Vibration of Tire - Liu Xiandong and Qizhang Feng
- Structural-Acoustic Analysis of Tire-Cavity System - Mohamed Zamri
- CAE Findings on the Physics of Tire/Road Noise - Egab Laith
- Tire/Road Noise Mitigation Using Acoustic Absorbant Materials - Egab Laith and Mohamed Zamri
- Statistical Energy Analysis of Tire/Road Noise - Liu Xiandong and Qizhang Feng
- Pass-By Noise: Simulation and Analysis - Xu Wang
- Summary and Future Scope - Tan Li
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 29th July 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Xu Wang is Associate Professor in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacture Engineering at RMIT University, Australia. He is also a Fellow of SAE, IEAust, CPEng.
Associate Professor, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacture Engineering, RMIT University, Australia, and a Fellow of SAE, IEAust, and CPEng
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.