- Understand how to proceed thanks to an abundance of explicit illustrations and detailed text that take you from one step to the next.
- Quickly find the information you need to make confident decisions. Relevant indications/contraindications, pre-operative considerations, and post operative management are presented in an easily accessible format.
- Discern the nuances and understand the differences between standard operations and alternate techniques. Experts debate each procedure offering insightful explanations, rationale, and tips for avoiding complications.
- Master new procedures such as video-assisted thyroid and parathyroid surgeries; transoral laser surgeries; and robotic surgeries. Section editor F. Christopher Holsinger, MD, FACS, is at the forefront of many of these techniques, some of which are being illustrated for the first time here.
- Learn from some of the very best - Experts from the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) share their innovative approaches to the surgical techniques and complications management most frequently seen in practice.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Understand specific variations in anatomy as they apply to each procedure.
1 Clinical Diagnostic Nasopharyngoscopy
2 Diagnostic Clinical Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy
3 Operative Pharyngoscopy and Laryngoscopy
4 Operative Esophagoscopy and Percutaneous Gastrostomy
5 Operative Bronchoscopy
7 Laryngotracheal Reconstruction for Subglottic and Proximal Tracheal Stenosis
8 Cricotracheal Resection for Subglottic Stenosis
9 Surgery for Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis
10 Excision of Saccular Cysts and Laryngoceles
11 Drainage of Deep Space Neck Infections
12 Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Excision (Sistrunk Procedure)
13 Branchial Cleft Cyst Excision
14 Operations on the Cervical Esophagus and Cervical Spine
15 Cricopharyngeal Myotomy and Surgical Management of Zenker’s Diverticulum
16 Defatting Tracheotomy
17 Radical Neck Dissection
18 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
19 Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-III (Supraomohyoid Neck Dissection)
20 Selective Neck Dissection, Levels I-IV and II-IV (Anterolateral and Lateral Neck Dissection)
21 Posterolateral Neck Dissection
22 Retropharyngeal Lymph Node Dissection
23 Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
24 Superficial Parotidectomy
25 Submandibular Gland Excision
26 Excision of Ranula
27 Parapharyngeal Space Tumor
28 Resection of Carotid Body Tumor
29 Transoral Resections
30 Extended Approaches to the Oropharynx: Mandibular Swing and Cheek Flap
31 Transoral Robotic Surgery
32 Composite Resection with Segmental Mandibulectomy
33 Transhyoid and Lateral Pharyngotomy
34 Exam Under Anesthesia For the Patient with Cancer: Direct Laryngopharyngoscopy and Mucosal Tatouage
35 Horizontal Supraglottic Laryngectomy
36 Supracricoid Partial Laryngectomy with Cricohyoidopexy or Cricohyoidoepiglottopexy
37 Total Laryngectomy