Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Aquaculture Health Management is an essential reference for the diverse aquaculture community. With the steadily increasing importance of healthy fish production and the expansion of the animal aquaculture industry to new geographic areas, new microbial and parasitic species with pathogenic potential continue to emerge. The book covers fish and shellfish health, the functional roles of pathogen emergence, and the impacts of nutrition and preventative medicine, such as pre- and probiotics, chemical treatments, relevant legislation, and more. It takes a comprehensive approach to fish health management, making it valuable to aquaculturists, practitioners in aquatic animal health, veterinarians and anyone in industry, government or academia.
- Presents the biosecurity measures used to prevent the spread of disease
- Discusses fish immunology to help readers understand preventive medicine for a healthy fish production
- Examines the latest scientific methods and technologies to maximize efficiencies for healthy fish production for farming
- Includes the most commonly researched fish, crustaceans and mollusks in aquaculture
Researchers, teachers, students, aquaculture disease practitioners, marine biologists, veterinarians, farmers, and all those in industry, government or academia in aquaculture/ fisheries
1. Animal Health: The foundation for aquaculture sustainability
2. Husbandry of Aquatic Animals
3. Biosecurity of Aquatic Animals
4. Immunology and Vaccinology of Aquatic Animals
5. Disease Management of Aquatic Animals
6. Preventative Medicine of Aquatic Animals
7. Functional diets in fish health management
8. Health management in sea cages
9. Environmental considerations in aquaculture health management
10. Health Management in RAS systems
11. Application of biological control: Use of cleaner fish
12. Legislation Aspects of Aquatic Animals
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Fred Kibenge is Professor of Virology at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, P.E.I, Canada, where he has been Chairman of the Department of Pathology and Microbiology for several years, and teaches veterinary virology in the second year of the DVM curriculum. He has been working with animal viruses for more than 30 years in addition to prior extensive post-doctoral research experience in virology in UK and USA. He is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Microbiologists, ACVM (sub-specialty Immunology). He has published extensively on the detection and virology of fish viruses.
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Dr. Mark Powell is Professor of Fish Pathology for the Department of Biology at University of Bergen in Norway. He is also Regional Manager and Senior Researcher at the Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA).
University of Bergen, Norway; Norwegian Institute for Water Research