Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Over the past several years, there has been a growing integration of data – geophysical, geological, petrophysical, engineering-related, and production-related – in predicting and determining reservoir properties. As such, geoscientists now must learn the technology, processes, and challenges involved within their specific functions in order to optimize planning for oil field development.
Applied Techniques to Integrated Oil and Gas Reservoir Characterization presents challenging questions encountered by geoscientists in their day-to-day work in the exploration and development of oil and gas fields and provides potential solutions from experts. From basin analysis of conventional and unconventional reservoirs, to seismic attributes analysis, NMR for reservoir characterization, amplitude versus offset (AVO), well-to-seismic tie, seismic inversion studies, rock physics, pore pressure prediction, and 4D for reservoir monitoring, the text examines challenges in the industry as well as the techniques used to overcome those challenges.
This book includes valuable contributions from global industry experts: Brian Schulte (Schiefer Reservoir Consulting), Dr. Neil W. Craigie (Saudi Aramco), Matthijs van der Molen (Shell International E&P), Dr. Fred W. Schroeder (ExxonMobil, retired), Dr. Tharwat Hassane (Schlumberger & BP, retired), and others.
- Presents a thorough understanding of the requirements of various disciplines in characterizing a wide spectrum of reservoirs
- Includes real-life problems and challenging questions encountered by geoscientists in their day-to-day work, along with answers from experts working in the field
- Provides an integrated approach among different disciplines (geology, geophysics, petrophysics, and petroleum engineering)
- Offers advice from industry experts to geoscience students, including career guides and interview tips
Reservoir geophysicist interpreters/QI specialists, Qualitative seismic interpreters, Exploration geologists, Petrophysicists, Seismic processors, Oil and Gas Industry professionals
Section 1: Basin Analysis and Qualitative Seismic Interpretation
1. Basin Analysis: Overview and uses
2. Overview of Qualitative Seismic Interpretation
3. Seismic Amplitude, Attribute Analysis and Spectral Decomposition for Subsurface Evaluation
Section 2: Subsurface Seismic Velocity Measurement
4. Check Shot, VSP Field Operation and Time-to-Depth Conversion
Section 3: Reservoir Characterization
5. Quantitative Seismic Interpretation
6. Zero-phasing of Seismic Data
7. AVO Analysis and Interpretation
8. Gassmann’s Fluid Substitution
9. Seismic Inversion
Section 4: Pore Pressure Prediction
10. Pore Pressure and Pore Pressure Gradient
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 9th April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Enwenode Onajite, M.Sc, is a former research reservoir geophysicist with Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC). He is now an independent research reservoir geophysicist, as well as an associate member of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) and a member of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG). He is the author of Seismic Data Analysis Techniques in Hydrocarbon Exploration, published with Elsevier in 2013.
Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE), Nigeria, and Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), Nigeria
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.