- Examines research in separate fields of biochemical science and technology and integrates it on a basis of the common mechanisms of peroxidation and antioxidant action
- Applies present knowledge of antioxidants to our understanding of their role in preventing and treating common diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and others
Table of Contents
- Peroxidation in chemistry and chemical technology; The biological effects of peroxidation; Chain-breaking antioxidants; Preventative antioxidants, synergism and technological performance; Antioxidants in biology; Antioxidants in disease and oxidative stress; References and index.
- No. of pages: 348
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 1997
- Published: May 1, 1997
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780857099938
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Antioxidants in Science, Technology, Medicine and Nutrition"