Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Antibiotic Materials in Healthcare provides significant information on antibiotic related issues, accurate solutions, and recent investigative information for health-related applications. In addition, the book addresses the design and development of antibiotics with advanced (physical, chemical and biological) properties, an analysis of materials, in vivo and in vitro applications, and their biomedical applications for healthcare.
- Provides information on all aspects of antibiotic related issues
- Offers a balanced synthesis of basic and clinical science for each individual case, presenting clinical courses and detailed microbiological information for each infection
- Describes the prevalence and incidence of global issues and current therapeutic approaches
Researchers and postgraduate students in applied microbiology, medicine, material and polymer science, nanotechnology and biomedicine
- Antibiotic Nanomaterials
Kokkarachedu Varaprasad, Chandrasekaran Karthikeyan, Vimala Kanikireddy, Dariela Núñez, Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku and Rodrigo Briones
2. Therapeutic Efficacy of Antibiotics in the Treatment of Chronic Diseases
Vuyolwethu Khwaza, Zintle Mbese, Blessing A. Aderibigbe and Opeoluwa O. Oyedeji
3. Antibiotic Polymer for Biomedical Applications
Victoria Oluwaseun Fasiku, Daniel Hassan, Shesan John Owonubi, Emmanuel Mukwevho and Jimmy Lolu Olajide
4. Natural Polymeric Materials as a Vehicle for Antibiotics
Walther Ide and Yousof Farrag
5. Biodegradable Antibiotic Importers in Medicine
Gbolahan Joseph Adekoya, Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku, Yskander Hamam, Suprakas Sinha Ray, Ehigie David Esezobor, Babatunde Bolasodun, Wakufwa Bonex Mwakikunga, Oluwasegun Chijioke Adekoya, Jimmy Lolu Olajide, Oladipo Folorunso, Olusesan Frank Biotidara, Abayomi Awosanya, Ahamdu, George Apeh, Ebiowei Moses Yibowei, Ugonna Kingsley Ugo, Omonefe Joy Odubunmi, Omondi Vincent Ojijo, Kehinde Williams Kupolati, Oluyemi Ojo Daramola and Idowu David Ibrahim
6. Biodegradable Antibiotics in Wound Healing
Daniel Hassan, Victoria Oluwaseun Fasiku, Shadrack Joel Madu and Jamilu Muazu
7. Antibiotics Encapsulated Scaffolds as Potential Wound Dressings
B. Buyana, S. Alven, X. Nqoro and Blessing A. Aderibigbe
8. Recent Progress on Antibiotic Polymer/Metal Nanocomposites for Health Applications
T.S. Motsoeneng, M.J. Mochane, T.C. Mokhena and Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku
9. Antibiotic 3D Printed Materials for Healthcare Applications
T.C. Mokhena, M.J. John, M.J. Mochane, Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku, T.S. Motsoeneng, Mtibe and P.C. Tsipa
10. Inhibition of Bacterial Growth and Removal of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria From Wastewater
Kehinde Williams Kupolati, A.A. Busari, Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku, A. Frattari, A.A. Adeboje, C. Kambole, K.S. Mojapelo, M.R. Maite, N. Motsilanyane, W. Bezuidenhout, A.A. Eze, Idowu David Ibrahim, O.O. Ayeleru, T.A. Adegbola, J. Snyman, R.J. Moloisane, M.M. Mokae, J.M. Ndambuki, O. Agboola, Victoria Oluwaseun Fasiku, Oluyemi Oja Daramola, M.S. Onyango, P.A. Olubambi, A.M. Berhe, M. Ndlovu, L. De Villiers, D.A. Branga-Peicu and R.W. Salim
11. Nosocomial Bacterial Infection of Orthopedic Implants and Antibiotic Hydroxyapatite/Silver-Coated Halloysite Nanotube With Improved Structural Integrity as Potential Prophylaxis
Jimmy Lolu Olajide, D.A. Desai, J.O. Ajibola, Gbolahan Joseph Adekoya, Oluyemi Ojo Daramola, K.K. Alaneme, Victoria Oluwaseun Fasiku and Emmanuel Rotimi Sadiku
12. Antibiotics as Emerging Pollutants in Water and Its Treatment
Mariel Godoy and Julio Sánchez
13. Aptamer and Riboswitches: A Novel Tool for the Need of New Antimicrobial Active Compounds
Víctor Díaz-García, BS, PhD and Gerardo Retamal-Morales
14. The Chemistry and Pharmacology of Antibiotics Used in the Treatment of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis
Motshabi Alinah Sibeko, Victor Chike Agbakoba, Jethro Nkomo and Shanganyane Percy Hlangothi
15. Metal Oxide Nanoparticles: A Welcome Development for Targeting Bacteria
Victoria Oluwaseun Fasiku, Shesan John Owonubi, Nyemaga Masanje Malima, Daniel Hassan and Neerish Revaprasadu
16. Metal OxideeBased Nanocomposites as Antimicrobial and Biomedical Agents
Shesan John Owonubi, Nyemaga Masanje Malima and Neerish Revaprasadu
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 21st May 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Varaprasad is an Investigator at the Center for Advanced Polymer Research, Concepcion, Chile. He holds a PhD in Hydrogels for Antibacterial Materials in Polymer Science & Tech. He was the recipient of 3 International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Creighton University USA, Tshwane University of Technology SA and Universidad de Concepcion, Chile. During this period, he developed modern antibiotics and biomaterials. He has published over 98 articles, includin, 2 patents, 20 book chapters, and more than 2480 citations. He is the recipient of 7 research grants (2 projects ranked as 1 and 4th). Member in several Societies. He guided for several students in biomaterials filed. His primary objective is to translate primary nanotechnology research results into improved patient care.
Center for Advanced Polymer Research, Concepcion, Chile
Department of Chemical, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Tshwane University of Technology
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.