- Annual comprehensive reviews of the past year literature in many topics of interest to medicinal chemists
- Includes a comprehensive set of indices to easily locate topics in Volumes 1-38 of this series
- Provides critical review on hot topics in medicinal chemistry
Table of Contents
- I. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES
1. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Pathophysiology and Design of New Treatments (S.A. Glase, D.J. Dooley).
2. Ionotropic GABA Receptors as Therapeutic Targets for Memory and Sleep Disorders (M. Chebib et al.).
3. Melatonin Agonists for the Treatment of Sleep Disorders and Major Depression (L.R. Fitzgerald, J.E. Reed).
II. CARDIOVASCULAR AND METABOLIC DISEASES
4. Recent Advances in Therapeutic Approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (Ramakanth Sarabu, J. Tilley).
5. Recent Progress in Histamine H3 Receptor Chemistry (R. Aslanian, Neng-Yang Shih).
6. Anti-Resorptive and Anabolic Bone Agents (G.D. Hartman, R.S. Meissner).
7. Inhibition of the Cysteine Protease Cathepsin-K (EC 18.104.22.168)(R.W. Marquis).
8. Nonpeptide Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Antagonists (Yun-Fei Zhu et al.).
III. INFLAMMATORY, PULMONARY, AND GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES
9. Bradykinin B2 Antagonists for the Treatment of Pain (E.K. Dziadulewicz).
10. Selective Cyclooyxgenase-2 Inhibitors (W. Cameron Black).
11. The Discovery of Small Molecule C5a Antagonists (A.J. Hutchison, J.E. Krause).
12. CCR1 Antagonists (K.G. Carson et al.).
IV. CANCER AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
13. Recent Advances in Antimetabolite Cancer Chemotherapies (J.R. Henry, M.M. Mader).
14. Mitotic Kinesin Inhibitors as Novel Anticancer Agents (K.W. Wood, G. Bergnes).
15. Recent Advances in Medicinal Chemistry of Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors (H. Weinmann, E. Ottow).
16. Therapeutic Opportunities for the Treatment of Biofilm-Associated Infections (Zhenkun Ma et al.).
17. Biowarfare Pathogens. Is the Research Flavor Different Than That of Clinically Relevant Pathogens? (Ving J. Lee).
18. HCV Antiviral Agents (R.C. Griffith et al.).
V. TOPICS IN BIOLOGY
19. Pleiotropic Effects of Statins (A. Floto et al.).
20. Comparative Protein Structure Modeling and Its Applications to Drug Discovery (M. Jacobson, A. Sali).
VI. TOPICS IN DRUG DESIGN AND DISCOVERY
21. Drug Transporters and Their Role in Tissue Distribution (A.H. Dantzig).
22. The Hit-to-Lead Process in Drug Discovery (P. Gillespie, R.A. Goodnow, Jr.).
23. Prodrug Strategies in the Design of Nucleoside and Nucleotide Antiviral Therapeutics (R.L Mackman, T. Cihlar).
24. Pre-Clinical Assessment of Drug-Induced QT Interval Prolongation. Current Issues and Impact on Drug Discovery (B. Fermini, A.A. Fossa).
VII. TRENDS AND PERSPECTIVES
25. To Market, To Market-2003 (Shridhar Hegde, J. Carter).
- No. of pages: 448
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2004
- Published: December 15, 2004
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080471976
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry"