Analysis in Nutrition Research: Principles of Statistical Methodology and Interpretation of the Results, Challenges in Nutrition Science describes, in a comprehensive manner, the methodologies of quantitative analysis of data originating specifically from nutrition studies.
The book summarizes various study designs in nutrition research, research hypotheses the studies could cover, proper management of dietary data, and analytical methodologies with specific focus on how to interpret the results of any given study.
Analysis in Nutrition Research also provides a comprehensive overview of the methodologies used in study design and the management and analysis of collected data, paying particular attention to all of the available, modern methodologies and techniques.
The book additionally offers an overview of the recent challenges and debates in the field of nutrition research, which will define major research hypotheses for research in the next ten years.
Nutrition scientists and researchers, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students, will benefit from this publication.
- Provides a comprehensive presentation of the various study designs applied in nutrition research
- Contains a parallel description of statistical methodologies used for each study design
- Presents data management methodologies used specifically in nutrition research
- Describes methodologies using both a theoretical and applied approach
- Illustrates modern techniques in dietary pattern analysis
- Summarizes current topics in the field of nutrition research that will define major research hypotheses for research in the next ten years
Nutrition scientists and researchers and undergraduate and postgraduate students in nutrition programs
PART 1. Analysis in Nutrition Research
1. Study design in observational settings
2. Study design in experimental settings
3. Collection and management of dietary data
4. Dietary pattern analysis
5. Statistical analysis of retrospective health and nutrition data
6. Statistical analysis of prospective health and nutrition data
7. Meta-analysis of nutrition studies
8. Principles of research publication
PART 2. Challenges in Nutrition Science
9. Mediterranean diet a health-protective dietary pattern for the modern times
10. Carbohydrates consumption and weight management
11. Polyphenol and antioxidant rich diets in chronic disease prevention
12. Management of low-grade inflammation thought healthy dietary choices
13. Human gut microbiota in health prevention and diet interactions
14. Alcoholic drink consumption as part of a healthy diet
15. Hydration and health
16. Diet, healthy ageing and cognitive function
17. Diet and bone health
18. Diet and lung health
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 1st October 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. George Pounis earned his PhD from Maastricht University, The Netherlands in 2014. For eight years, he designed dietary plans through his private practice. He has served as researcher in academia for the development and conduction of epidemiological and clinical studies in Greece and Italy (Agricultural University of Athens, Harokopio University of Athens, Hellenic Health Foundation, Fondazione di ricerca e cura Giovanni Paolo II, Catholic University, Italy, IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Neuromed, Italy). His research of Mediterranean diet and its food and nutrient components has been presented in several international congresses, and he is an author of 30 scientific papers published in peer reviewed international journals. He is currently employed as researcher in the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Neuromed.
Formerly of the Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Neuromed