Analysis and Synthesis of Chemical Process Systems
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
The methods used by chemists and chemical engineers for the conception, design and operation of chemical process systems have undergone significant changes in the last 10 years. The most important of modern computer-aided techniques are process analysis and process system synthesis, both of which are closely related. The first part of the book presents the principles of model building, simulation and model application. On the basis of an appropriate set of hierarchical levels of chemical systems, the general strategy of analysis by deterministic and statistical methods is treated. The second part deals with process system synthesis beginning with reaction path analysis. One of the major features of this part are new methods for the synthesis of reactor networks, separation sequences, heat-exchanger systems and entire chemical process systems by a combined procedure of heuristic rules and fuzzy set algorithms. This procedure, which is known as knowledge engineering, is an efficient combination of human creativity and theoretically based knowledge. This book, which is illustrated by examples, should prove extremely useful as a text for a senior/graduate course for students of chemistry and chemical engineering and will also be invaluable for chemists and chemical engineers in research and industry, and specialists dealing with the analysis and synthesis of process systems.
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Aims. Introduction - Survey of the Overall Problem. Hierarchic levels of objects of chemical technology. Strategy of system studies. Problems of synthesis and analysis. References. Analysis and Modelling of the Processes of Substance Transformation. Aims and methods of analysis and modelling. Process models. Structure analysis and calculation methods. Model adaptation and checking. Simplification of models. Digital simulation. Example 1: Boiler with steam-heated jacket. Example 2: Process analysis of a reforming plant. References. Process Synthesis. Problem formulation. Reaction path analysis. Synthesis of the reactor or reactor system. Synthesis of separation systems. Synthesis of heat exchanger systems. Synthesis of "heterogeneous" chemical process systems. References. Subject Index.
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1991
- Published: January 15, 1991
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9781483291666
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Akademie der Wissenschaften der DDR, Institut für Chemische Technologie, Berlin, GDR
Affiliations and Expertise
Technische Universität Dresden, Sektion Verfahrens- und Verarbeitungstechnik, Dresden, GDR
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Analysis and Synthesis of Chemical Process Systems"