Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part A Introduction
1. Energy and geotechnologies
2. Energy geostructures
Part B Fundamentals
3. Heat and mass transfers in the context of energy geostructures
4. Deformation in the context of energy geostructures
Part C Observations
5. Thermo-hydro-mechanical behaviour of soils and soil-structure interfaces
6. Thermo-mechanical behaviour of single energy piles
7. Thermo-mechanical behaviour of energy pile groups
Part D Design
8. Analytical modelling of steady heat and mass transfers
9. Analytical modelling of transient heat transfer
10. Analytical modelling of capacity and deformation of single energy piles
11. Analytical modelling of capacity and deformation of energy pile groups
12. Numerical modelling of energy geostructures
Part E Design
13. Performance-based design in the context of energy geostructures
14. Determination of design parameters for energy geostructures
15. Performance-based design of energy piles
16. Design of details for construction of energy geostructures
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st November 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lyesse Laloui, PhD, is a Chaired Professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Duke University, USA, and an Advisory Professor at Hohai University, China. His main research interests are in Geomechanics as well as Environmental and Energy Sustainability. Dr. Laloui has written and edited 12 books, authored over 300 refereed scientific papers and is the Editor in Chief of the international journal Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment. Over the past thirty years, he has served as a keynote speaker and honorary lecturer at more than 30 leading international scientific events and he has also delivered training courses for practitioners and scientists on various topics including the analysis and design of energy geostructures. Dr. Laloui has co-founded the GEOEG engineering company, providing integrated solutions for energy geostructures for prominent architectural and engineering projects around the world.
Professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland.
Alessandro F. Rotta Loria, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at Northwestern University, USA, and a qualified Professional Civil and Environmental Engineer of the Italian Order of Engineers. His main research interests are at the interface of Geomechanics, Structural Mechanics and Energy. Dr. Rotta Loria is an Editorial Associate of the international journal Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment and is actively involved in many international scientific events as invited lecturer and presenter. Over the past five years, he has received various prizes and honors for excellence in scientific research and he has also delivered training courses for practitioners and scientists on the analysis and design of energy geostructures. Dr. Rotta Loria has co-founded the GEOEG engineering company, providing integrated solutions for energy geostructures for prominent architectural and engineering projects around the world.
Assistant Professor, Northwestern University, USA.