Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Amazonite: Mineralogy, Crystal Chemistry and Typomorphism provides in-depth coverage of the geological setting, mineralogy, chemistry,spectroscopic parameters, typomorphic features, and potential technological and economical uses associated with amazonite discovery. Featuring detailed characterization of the geological settings of amazonite, as well a full investigation of its chemical composition, structural features, and properties with respect to each genetic type of granite, this essential reference covers all key aspects of amazonite and the benefits of its discovery.
Both newcomers and seasoned professionals in the field of mineralogy worldwide will find this translation of the popular Russian text a welcome addition to the literature on amazonite.
- Presents a thorough guide to amazonite, a mineral in geologic formations that often signifies the presence of rare earth elements
- Characterizes the distinctive features of influence in the geological setting of amazonite, as well as in the relationship between deposits and specific genetic types of the granitoids
- Includes discussion of amazonite science topics, including the crystal chemical and spectrometric parameters of amazonite and the gemological significance of the amazonite
- Provides the first English translation of the popular Russian reference book on the topic
Mineralogists, geologists, geochemists, spectroscopists, and materials scientists
- Chapter 1. Research History of Amazonite
- 1.1. Discovery and Research Conducted before the End of the Nineteenth Century
- 1.2. Studies of Amazonite in the First Half of the Twentieth Century
- 1.3. Research of Recent Decades
- Chapter 2. Geological Setting of Amazonite
- 2.1. Geography of Amazonite
- 2.2. Amazonite’s Geological Setting and Spatial-Temporal Distribution Patterns in Granitoid Formations
- 2.3. Main Genetic Types of Amazonite-Containing Rocks
- 2.4. Main Provinces and Deposits of Amazonite
- Chapter 3. Associated Minerals and Geochemistry of Amazonite
- 3.1. Rock-Forming, Secondary, and Accessory Minerals of Amazonite-Containing Rocks
- 3.2. Geochemical Particularities of Amazonite-Containing Paragenesis
- Chapter 4. Morphology, Crystal Chemistry, and Properties of Amazonite
- 4.1. Morphology and Anatomy
- 4.2. Chemical Composition
- 4.3. Structural State
- 4.4. Color and Its Spectral-Colorimetric Research
- Chapter 5. Color and Genesis of Amazonite
- 5.1. Models of Color Centers
- 5.2. Genesis of Amazonite
- Chapter 6. Significance of Amazonite
- 6.1. Typomorphism and Prospecting Significance of Amazonite
- 6.2. Brief History of Finds and Use of Amazonite as a Gemmological Stone
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 5th October 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mikhail Ostrooumov is a researcher and lecturer at the Institute of Earth Science at the University of Michoacán in Morelia, Mexico. He has studied and written extensively on minerals over the last 40 years. He received his Doctorate in Mineralogy at the Saint Petersburg Mining Institute in Russia. He has also lectured at the Mining Institute in Cuba, Mainz University in Germany, Nantes University in France, and the Technological Institute of México. He has authored three books in Russian, four books in Spanish, contributed to six chapters in scientific books, and received 700 citations to his published works.
Researcher and Lecturer, Institute of Earth Science, University of Michoacán, Mexico
"...a valuable addition to departmental libraries, where it could serve as a useful reference manual for post-doctoral fellows and research scientists with an in-depth knowledge in mineralogy, mineral chemistry, and mineral physics." --American Mineralogist
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.