Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Alginates in Drug Delivery explores the vital precepts, basic and fundamental aspects of alginates in pharmaceutical sciences, biopharmacology, and in the biotechnology industry. The use of natural polymers in healthcare applications over synthetic polymers is becoming more prevalent due to natural polymers’ biocompatibility, biodegradability, economic extraction and ready availability. To fully utilize and harness the potential of alginates, this book presents a thorough understanding of the synthesis, purification, and characterization of alginates and their derivative. This book collects, in a single volume, all relevant information on alginates in health care, including recent advances in the field.
This is a highly useful resource for pharmaceutical scientists, health care professionals and regulatory scientists actively involved in the pharmaceutical product and process development of natural polymer containing drug delivery, as well as postgraduate students and postdoctoral research fellows in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Provides a single source on the complete alginate chemistry, collection, chemical modifications, characterization and applications in healthcare fields
- Includes high quality illustrations, along with practical examples and research case studies
- Contains contributions by global leaders and experts from academia, industry and regulatory agencies who are pioneers in the application of natural polysaccharides in diverse pharmaceutical fields
Pharmaceutical scientists including industrial pharmacists and analytical scientists, Postgraduate students, and postdoctoral research fellows, health care professionals and regulatory scientists actively involved in pharmaceutical product and process development of natural polymer containing drug delivery
1. Introduction to alginates as drug delivery excipient
2. Alginate hydrogels for drug delivery applications
3. Alginate nanoparticles in drug delivery
4. Ionotropically gelled alginate-based multiple-unit matrices in sustained drug release
5. Physically and chemically modified alginates in drug delivery
6. Grafted alginates in drug delivery
7. Alginate-based interpenetrating polymer networks for sustained drug release
8. Biocomposites of alginates in drug delivery
9. Alginate-inorganic composite matrices as drug releasing carriers
10. Buoyant particles of alginates in floating drug delivery
11. Alginate-based hydrogel membranes for drug releasing in wound healing
12. Alginate-based scaffolds for drug delivery in tissue engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 23rd July 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Amit Kumar Nayak is Associate Professor at Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India. He has earned his PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from IFTM University, Moradabad, U.P., India. He has over 10 years of research experience in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in the development and characterization of polymeric composites, hydrogels, novel and nanostructured drug delivery systems. To date, he has authored over 120 publications in various high impact peer-reviewed journals and 72 book chapters to his credit. He has been the permanent reviewer of many international journals of high repute. He also has participated and presented his research work at several conferences in India and is a life member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
Associate Professor, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India
Dr. Md Saquib Hasnain has over 10 years of research experience in the field of drug delivery and pharmaceutical formulation. He has contributed to over 40 publications in various high-impact peer-reviewed journals, 80 book chapters, and 10 books. He also serves as the associate editorial board member of the Recent Patent on Drug Delivery & Formulation journal.
Department of Pharmacy, Shri Venkateshwara University, Gajraula, U.P., India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.