Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Age Estimation: A Multidisciplinary Approach is the only reference in the field covering all techniques and methods involving age estimation from different perspectives in just one volume. The book provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of age estimation: aging the living and the dead, human rights, and skeletal, dental, histological and biochemical techniques and methods available. Each chapter is written by internationally known expert contributors.
Age Estimation: A Multidisciplinary Approach is a one of a kind resource for those involved in estimating the age of the living and the dead.
- Presents a concentration of all techniques and methods involving age estimation in a single volume
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach that lends itself to researchers, practitioners and students from a variety of different fields
- Includes contributions by world renowned forensic specialists
Forensic Anthropologists, Forensic Pathologists, Forensic Odontologists, and Bioarchaeologists. Law enforcement and the legal community
1. Introduction to Age Estimation
2. Legal background of age estimation for the dead and the living
Section 1: ANTHROPOLOGICAL APPROACH OF AGE ESTIMATION
3. Estimation of Age of the Living and the Dead: The Evolution of Methodology
4. Skeletal age estimation in fetal, infant, children and subadults
5. Skeletal age estimation in adults
Section 2: ODONTOLOGICAL APPROACH OF AGE ESTIMATION
6. Dental Estimation of Age of the Living and the Dead: state of art
7. Dental Age Estimation in fetal and children
8. Dental Age Estimation in subadults
9. Dental Age Estimation in adults
Section 3: HISTOLOGICAL APPROACH OF AGE ESTIMATION
10. Bone histology for age-at-death estimation
11. Neonatal line as evidence of live birth
12. Tooth cementum annulations
Section 4: BIOCHEMICAL APPROACH OF AGE ESTIMATION
13. The Evolution of Methodology in Biochemical Age estimation
14. Age Estimation Based on Chemical Approaches
15. Age estimation based on Molecular Biology Approaches
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 11th April 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Adserias-Garriga is a Forensic Anthropologist, Forensic Odontologist and Oral Surgeon from Spain, where she directed and lectured in different postgraduate programs in Forensic Science. She is an external advisor to Mossos d´Esquadra (Catalonian Police), who honored her contribution in forensic casework. Dr. Adserias-Garriga is currently working as Forensic Anthropologist at Forensic Anthropology Center, Texas State University. She has conducted research collaborations in the U.S. with the Smithsonian Institution, University of Tennessee, Mercyhurst University, and other academic institutions in Europe as well. She is also an ABFO Diplomate, and co-founder of the International Group of Forensic Odontology for Human Rights. She is Member of the INTERPOL DVI Odontology SubWorking Group and the INTERPOL DVI Pathology-Anthropology SubWorking Group.
Forensic Anthropologist, Forensic Anthropology Center, Texas State University, American Board of Forensic Odontology Diplomate, Co-founder, International Group of Forensic Odontology for Human Rights, Odontology SubWorking Group and Pathology-Anthropology SubWorking Group Member, INTERPOL DVI
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.