Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent Advances in System Reliability Engineering describes and evaluates the latest tools, techniques, strategies, and methods in this topic for a variety of applications. Special emphasis is put on simulation and modelling technology which is growing in influence in industry, and presents challenges as well as opportunities to reliability and systems engineers. Several manufacturing engineering applications are addressed, making this a particularly valuable reference for readers in that sector.
- Contains comprehensive discussions on state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and strategies from industry
- Connects the latest academic research to applications in industry including system reliability, safety assessment, and preventive maintenance
- Gives an in-depth analysis of the benefits and applications of modelling and simulation to reliability
Professionals and researchers in industrial, electrical, electronics, computer, civil, mechanical and systems engineering with an interest in reliability
1. Delay-Time-Based Maintenance Modeling for Technical Systems - Theory and Practice
2. Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety Analyses
3. Reliability-Game Theory
4. Integrating Reliability Models and Adaptive Algorithms for Wind Power Forecasting
5. Time-Dependent Analysis of Series-Parallel Multistate Systems Using Structure Function and Markov Processes
6. Modeling Correlated Counts in Reliability Engineering
7. Statistical Inference of an Imperfect Repair Model with Uniform Distributed Repair Degrees
8. Method of Fuzzy Perfectness in Human Reliability Analysis: Selection of Performance Conditions
9. System Reliability Assessment Through Bayesian Network Modeling
10. Multistate Multifailures System Analysis With Reworking Strategy and Imperfect Fault Coverage
11. Software Patch Scheduling Policy Incorporating Functional Safety Standards
12. Tools and Techniques in Software Reliability Modeling
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 24th November 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof.Dr. Mangey Ram received the Ph.D. degree major in Mathematics and minor in Computer Science from G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. He has been a Faculty Member for around twelve years and has taught several core courses in pure and applied mathematics at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. He is currently a Research Professor at Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), Dehradun, India. Before joining Graphic Era, he was a Deputy Manager (Probationary Officer) with Syndicate Bank for a short period. He is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Mathematical, Engineering and Management Sciences and the Journal of Reliability and Statistical Studies. He is also Editor-in-Chief of six Book Series with Elsevier, CRC Press, Taylor and Frances and others. He has published 225 plus research publications (journal articles/books/book chapters/conference articles) in many national and international journals and conferences.Also, he has published more than 50 books (authored/edited) with international publishers including Elsevier and others. His fields of research are reliability theory and applied mathematics. Dr. Ram is a Senior Member of the IEEE, Senior Life Member of Operational Research Society of India, Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management in India, Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, He has been a member of the organizing committee of a number of international and national conferences, seminars, and workshops. He was given the “Young Scientist Award” by the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology, Dehradun, in 2009. He has been awarded the “Best Faculty Award” in 2011; “Research Excellence Award” in 2015; and recently “Outstanding Researcher Award” in 2018 for his significant contribution in academics and research at Graphic Era Deemed University, Dehradun, India.
Department of Mathematics; Computer Science and Engineering, Graphic Era Deemed to be University, Uttarakhand, India
J. Paulo Davim is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in Manufacturing, Materials and Mechanical Engineering with special emphasis in Machining & Tribology. He has also interest in Management & Industrial Engineering and Higher Education for Sustainability & Engineering Education. He has received several scientific awards, has worked as evaluator of projects for international research agencies as well as examiner of Ph.D. thesis for many universities. He is the Editor in Chief of several international journals, Guest Editor of journals, books Editor, book Series Editor and Scientific Advisory for many international journals and conferences. Presently, he is an Editorial Board member of 30 international journals and acts as reviewer for more than 80 prestigious Web of Science journals. In addition, he has also published as editor of more than 100 books and as author of more than 10 books, 60 book chapters and 400 articles in journals and conferences.
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.